Idea - Beneficial for all

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Nick, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I had an idea, and I thought I'd share it with you guys to see what you all think.

Here's the basis:

• AA Members write informative articles on the aspect of community/forum administration. We can cover an array of topics from graphics, to back-end technical tips, to how to manage the troubled members in a community.
    • These articles will be put into a periodical publication published by AA (perhaps monthly, bi-monthly, or even quarterly).
    • We promote this publication and users must subscribe (paid subscription) to receive the publication.
    • The article authors promote the offer, and get as many people to sign-up/subscribe/pay to receive the publication.
    • Depending on how many sign-ups we get, the revenue is divided and the article authors get paid for their articles.
      • So basically: the more sale conversions the authors can achieve, the more they will ultimately get paid for their articles. More sign-ups = more money.
    I see this as being something beneficial for all: article authors get paid for their writing, while those who want to improve their community administration techniques receive exclusive and high-quality information.

:shrug: What are your thoughts?

2. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    I like the idea, I also think that you should make it like a magazine style thing where its basically a PDF file that they read and you should offer like ads in it as well like full page ads, half page, quarter page, stuff like that. I know that I would probably go ahead and buy a spot for at least one publication.

Cheers,
    Randy

3. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    Hi Nick,

From a 30,000 foot overview, I love the idea of pooling the collective knowledge of AA and actually having a formal, tangible outcome. I also agree that this would be a great mechanism to get people to become Premium Members.

The "sign-ups" part sounds a little like affiliate marketing. Would those participating be "paid" based on the number of Premium Members they got to sign up? If so, would there be a referal link that each person would get and use to promote AA? Sorry so many questions, just wondering how it would be operationalized.

Thanks Nick!
    RR

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

There is a referral link under 'community'.

5. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    I meant specifically tied to this initiative. Sorry - guess I need to be more clear.