HUGE Vbulletin News!!!

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Cerberus, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

So, I was checking emails. And I get one about update to Vbulletin and I see this.

Back by popular demand! vBulletin now has a “maintenance package” available. This will provide a 3month extension to your vBulletin 3.X owned license and will enable you to download the latest version of our software for 50 US Dollars

So after waiting them out, the couple 3.8 owned licenses I have I can now upgrade for mere 50 bux...LMAO...I told everyone stop selling them so cheap..This is awsome news

2. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

But it smacks everyone in the face that bought 4.0 to keep up to date with their 3.8 license..

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    thread moved ;)

4. MadMikeyB

MadMikeyB Regular Member

Old vB news. Mine got updated for 30bux.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I asked vB support about security with my 3.8.3, and the guy renewed my license for free :P

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    What?
    No they wouldn't ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

They actually did that for me :). It made the license vB4.. Well that was back in the day.. a couple months ago. things change

8. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hmm, something is missing in this story ;)

9. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Plus the actual list of bug fixes in 3.8.6 isn't exactly that impressive. I'd love to know how many people they are getting to pony up $30 for a 3-month window.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Whats missing? When I bought it, it expired in 09 :P. I asked them how I could get 3.8.5 and they said they would renew it auto.

Brandon, get off those conspiracy theories.

11. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Agreed! I trolled the vB forums on this point a bit. What a bunch of BS!

Here's a ticket I opened 4 months ago:

Now some would say their just responding to customer demand. I say they royally screwed people over by forcing them to upgrade to vB 4 thinking that there was no other way to get 3.8.x upgrades.

Now they've got a whole gaggle of customers that didn't bother upgrading to 4 but are still running 3.x because these customers haven't upgraded they're worthless to IB. This is just a way of getting a little money from them.

The 3.8.6 release is laughable. I don't want to pay $30 for 10 bugfixes, nothing is wrong with 3.8.5 IMHO. I may buy one upgrade just to keep current but I don't want to. What a pile of :poop:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  12. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Well I am thinking of paying my 50 dollars and getting vb4 for much less than it would have cost me beforehand. And I think everyone who was buying up the vb3 licenses for cheap just got a huge WIN. I kept mine in hopes they would change mind. And now they have.

13. MadMikeyB

MadMikeyB Regular Member

I had a license which was stuck on 3.7 - renewed that, when 4.1 comes out (it should be within three months), this will give me access to 4.1 forum version, seeing as mine is an owned license and access to vB4 forum is my "free upgrade" as a vB Owned license holder