How To Optimize Your YouTube Social Media Marketing Campaign

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Brandon, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    One of the Best Social Media Marketing Strategies one can implement, is to get targeted traffic from YouTube.

Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me a link to his YouTube Campaign and wanted me to take a look before it went live. Looking at his mistakes i decided to write this post.
    In this post i’m going to show you how to optimize your social media marketing campaigns to get the most traffic to your site.

1) Add Keywords to Your Video Title
    By adding relevant keywords to the beginning of your video title you actually assist search engine spiders to find your video and rank it higher in search engines. Remember when someone searches in YouTube for a video they are entering keywords and having your keywords in the beginning of the title helps.

You do this for your website pages then why not for your video campaigns ? Same principle applies.

2) Add a Reason to watch the Video in the Title Image
    Think about it, if the image you see is not appealing would you yourself click to watch the video? Probably not. So why not make the image appealing, to make the person want to click on the video to see what it is about.

What you can do is use Windows Movie Maker ( imovie for Mac owners ) which is free with windows XP and add an appealing Image at the beginning and at the end of the video, enticing them to wanna see the video.

3) Add an Informative Description for your video along with Contact Info
    You already have a great image and you can take it further. Add relevant description for the video letting viewers know what the video is about and how they can benefit by watching it. People need a stimulus and you need to provide it to them.
    You may also want to provide a URL and an Email for people to be able to contact you in case they want to. Always make it easy for viewers to reach you.

4) Add a Reason to Visit your Site at the end of the video
    Now that they’ve watched your video and liked the information you had to share, don’t leave them hanging. Entice them with a reason to visit your site for even more information. Add your site URL preferably a deep link to the relevant page letting them know how to reach your site. Whats better is if they hear you speak your reason to visit your site spelling out the site URl helps !

Dont just ask them to visit your site for more information, give them a reason to visit your site. Clarify what other information they can get at your site. If you can add a free offer.

Feel free to check out my youtube channel :)

[Source...]

2. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

How To Optimize Your YouTube Social Media Marketing Campaign for Maximum Traffic

I didn't realize annotations don't allow you to add external links. How do you feel about annotations in general?

I find they interfere with the viewing experience.

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    How To Optimize Your YouTube Social Media Marketing Campaign for Maximum Traffic

I think they are rather annoying honestly :mad:
    I don't care for the banners that come up in the bottom of the video's either, I wonder if I can turn them off completely for my videos.
    I'll have to check that out. :confused:

4. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

I agree. I was thinking that annotations might be OK for adding a link right at the end of the vid, but if they don't allow external links that more or less blocks it from being useful for a click through.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    you can link to other parts of youtube, your channel

6. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Yes, but ideally you'd like to get it directly from the call to action to the landing page (external). The viewer can find the link in the text snippet for the video to the right, but that's not as effective as getting them right at the close out of the experience.

I saw a celeb video about a small charity. The celeb video had almost a million hits, but the charity page was showing an old style hit counter with 150k. I suspect it would have been significantly higher if you could have linked through with a call to action right at the end of the vid.

7. Iestyn

Iestyn Regular Member

Nice read, thank you for sharing =]