How often do you get reported posts?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Kaiser, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

How often do you get reported posts on your forum? On AdminBB we dont get too many reported posts. We get about 2-3 reported posts every week, or sometimes none.

That's actually a good thing, as that means your members don't get into much problems with one another or don't follow your rules. I wouldn't want to have to deal with a lot of reported posts, as it gets very annoying.

2. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Regular Member

On my new forum I had one so far and it was for a spam message. Two of my members were going back and forth making useless posts/spam messages for post counts. :mad: I banned them both and deleted 150 posts off the forum.

3. Blake

Blake Regular Member

My first forum, people used to click "Report Post" to make a reply. It wasn't a lot of folks, but enough that it was a problem. So I turned it off. We had mods that caught most stuff, or people would PM a mod/admin for specific problems since there weren't very many.

Now, it happens often enough. Most are legit. But some people report things just because they disagree. Now that's annoying.

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yes it is, had it happen alot of times and I would give warnings for that because they are basically abusing the system.

5. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Yes, that is highly annoying, I can't say that I've dealt with any reports in months apart from here, mainly because there is very little issues to deal with.

Kaiser likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea it is, I much rather have someone PM me then constantly reporting a ton of posts as its much less annoying. And yea we don't have much issues here on AdminBB.

7. Savvy

Savvy Regular Member

I've never had a reported post until last night. A member reported another member for posting something in the wrong board which was completely unnecessary. :P I didn't pay the report any mind but I think it was silly considering it came from a forum owner.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Well I dont see what wrong with someone reporting something if its posted in the wrong section so that it can get moved.

9. Joe.

Joe. Regular Member

We hardly ever get reports. But when we do, we handle it quickly.

Side story:
    I remember when I was using vB, there was a glitch in our report's. We would get the report, but there would be no reason / explanation shown to the staff. So, we'd have to PM the member asking them why they reported the post. They'd always respond saying "I wrote the reason in the report" and we'd have to explain that due to a glitch, we cannot see the reason. It made us look foolish & several tickets to vB and even giving them FTP / admin access to the forum (to fix the problem) didnt work. You'd think they'd know how to fix such a problem but apparently not. :rolleyes:

10. Solidus

Solidus Regular Member

Only 5-15 a day, I have enough moderators to get them dealt with before users have a chance to report.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

That is alot, but your forum is active so that's normal for a forum of that size. You should add your forum in your signature by the way ;)

12. Solidus

Solidus Regular Member

I guess I'll make the image clickable.

Kaiser likes this.