How many have been banned?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Big al, May 13, 2014.

1. Lee G

Lee G Regular Member

First Name:
    Lee
    That explains why vb is on the decline
    High pr site, lots of indexing, almost instant indexing of new posts and then they delete them
    Bad for seo
    And a google slap
    So its aint because vb5 is a bit rough round the edges and any code in it :grouphug:

Big al likes this.
  2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

The slightly unfortunate part about my deleted post is that I quoted vBulletin's one and only devoted customer and he had his post deleted as well.

Big al likes this.
  3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

It is amazing that admins think they can obtain respect by these actions.
    Many times they feel they are backing or helping a friend or colleague but in realty they are not.

pixelek likes this.
  4. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

I think I'm fairly unusual because I very rarely delete content so I cam be quite scathing of those who do. There's a number of reasons for this but the primary reason is I like to know who I'm interacting with and if they are having all their bad stuff removed then I've no chance at all of really knowing them for who they really are.

Granted it's a little different on a corporate support forum but if I were moderating vbulletin.com right now I would be very mindful that I'd want to keep the support of the few customers... sorry the one customer :P who still believes in the dream.

Wonko likes this.
  5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

VB/IB have been slammed from pillar to post across many forums for their stupidity. Yet they still do not learn that the CUSTOMER is their reason for existence.

Every valid post deletion or ban that are made by VB increases the overall dissatisfaction and leaves them with even more disgruntled customers.
    Deleting posts in a futile attempt to hide the truth from people never has and never will work.
    It does however expose the people doing it to ridicule and contempt as we are seeing across the internet.

Yes some will roll over and die, but others have the courage to fight against and expose these acti0ns. There are thousands of websites where the facts and the truth can be posted.

The mental abilities of those who engage in this censorship leaves a lot to be desired.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Let's just clear this up, because you've sure got me baffled here.

1. Someone posts something you consider potentially insulting.
    2. You quote that post, complaining about it.
    3. Support staff delete the post you're complaining about.
    4. Support staff then obviously delete your own post because it quotes the previously deleted post and makes no sense without the quote.
    5. You then pop up on a third party admin site complaining about censorship.

I'll leave others to judge, I'm not entering into any further discussion on this. The record needed setting straight.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

I can see that I have indeed baffled you and I know how much you value the truth so let's clear a few things up.

1. I believe you are mistaken. My best recollection is that I suggested to the member that his/her post was 'conjecture' and 'potentially libellous'.
    2. Again I believe you are mistaken. At no point did I complain. If I wanted to complain I would have used the proper procedure and reported the post.
    3. Once again that is not entirely correct. As previously stated at no point did I make a complaint.
    4. Agreed. That is an issue with any sort of censorship.
    5. And again, that's not entire correct. The emphasis of my post was the loss of a spotless 15 year record for which I am of course gutted (That is actually a barefaced lie on my part or as my daughter would no doubt say, /care)

So yes, let's leave it for others to judge, but unlike yourself, I can't promise not to discuss this further.

8. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Well you highlighted a post that, as I am sure you are aware, couldn't be left in situ, for which I'm personally grateful as it enabled me to spot it quickly.
    There's no stain on your record - quite the opposite.
    I'm genuinely quite baffled, concerned even, that you're seeing this in the light you appear to be.

I would add that I left all "critical" posts intact and unaltered.

9. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

There's no need to be concerned, you're taking this out of context. Content gets removed from the Internet all the time.

My post count (some may consider it spam) across the Internet must be somewhere in the vicinity of a million posts. It just amused me that of all the places I could have had my first post removed, it had to be vBulletin, a company I currently have very little regard for.

Honestly, we should jut move on, there's really nothing of any real value to see here.

10. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I don't even use the vBulletin forums anymore, so I've yet to be banned.

11. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

Why do you say you aren't entering further discussion about a topic and not 2 posts later you're talking about it already?

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  12. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Sort, didnt realise I needed your permission to post.

13. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Trolls are like that. It's a compulsion and they can't resist an opportunity to get the last word in even if it contradicts something else they've said. And further to throw gas on the fire by throwing it back in your face, to try and put you on the defensive. This is a distraction to side step answering your question when their actions are pointed out.

Terry and Big al like this.
  14. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

You don't but you're a liar when you say one thing and do the complete opposite.

So enjoy the title of being a liar now as well as everything else everyone refers to you as.

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  15. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Oh dear, back to the abuse.
    When the argument is lost, the abuse starts.

16. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Is this why you abuse people and call them trolls when you lose an argument. Or if they ask a valid question?

17. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

False. There was no abuse. You rightfully earned the title of liar all on your own.

You said one thing, and did the complete opposite. Being a liar isn't a bad thing, or it doesn't mean I value your opinion/thoughts any less. It just means anything you post has no fortitude behind it as being truthful. Because now we never know if you are simply going to go back on your word.

After a while you can lose the title of liar, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Big al likes this.
  18. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Unless of course this is a pathological trait in which case the lies will have many different rationalizations. The lies as viewed by others, the contradictions in what is stated and done will never be seen as a problem by the liar. They will never know when they do it and will make excuses for the variance when it's pointed out even with examples.

Big al likes this.
  19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

On a slightly more positive note. I have noticed what appears to be a slight easing of denigration for VB customers and a slight increase in attempts to help customers from the VB staff. Maybe they have been told to help instead of antagonize?

However I have not noticed any apologies nor reinstating of wrongly banned members and until this occurs I feel that Vb cannot really go ahead. The true nature of the VB staff is now becoming more evident and those who posted about them are now being vindicated.

Maybe with the new ownership of IB we may see a change, but as the old school staff who were responsible for the massive downturn in customers and trust are still running things I cannot really see any positive change occurring soon.

I cannot see the introduction of any new software (VB6?) Reversing the loss. Once bitten people tend to be very wary of being conned a second time.

Autopilot likes this.