How many admins/moderators?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2010.

1. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I'm the only administrator on mine, and one global moderator. It's really not that hard to keep up with until you start receiving over 500 posts per day.

2. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Regular Member

On my forum I am the only Admin and I have 2 Moderators which I am happy with

3. hissae2

hissae2 Regular Member

There's no need to have more than one administrator. My forum usually gets 500 posts per day on average, and it's just me and three moderators. We're all very active and dedicated so there's no need to hire anyone else, even though reviews often tell me I should. I hate when forums are overstaffed.

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

There is a need to have another administrator - especially if you're partners with someone else while running the community. I know I have a co-owner and my community wouldn't be as good as it is today without him being the second backbone. Why? Because there has been times where I wanted to just give up and let things go, but my buddy kept me motivated to keep pushing, and I applaud him for that because sometimes I'ma tough cookie to work with. :P

5. David

David Regular Member

A forum with over 500,000 members has 3 administrators. I'd expect more seeing as this is a programming and resource forum. There are different reasons for having a different amount of administrators. What about timezone issues? You're not on 24/7 so what about that period when you're not on and the administrator is a vital part for forum functioning?

Brandon likes this.