How far ahead do you plan on your community?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cpvr, Mar 22, 2014.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I usually don't plan anything ahead of time because I usually get things done on a daily basis. But, if it's a contest or something, I usually plan ahead so that I know I'll have the money available to me at the time.

How about you though? Do you plan ahead of time on your forum?

2. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

I am impulsive so most of my time is sort of spur of the moment :D

3. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    I made plans for a few weeks in advanced for easy to do stuff like updates etc new add-ons etc etc so i could test it before going live. But also made plans for months ahead like where i wanted to be in 3 months from now or in 6 months and then make sure you get there.

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

At least 2 weeks before I register the domain and install the software. I plan the name, what tactics I will use to make it different and so on. I used to do spur of the moment launching but I always seem to regret something in the end, usually the name and at that point - dog gone it, its way too late :p

5. Finish

Finish Regular Member

Everything I do on my forum I like to brainstorm how it'll affect my community in the future. A few things on my forum are set up for future plans as well. As for giveaways and such, I always have the money available so I won't run into any problems in the future.

6. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Except for major things like platform switches I'm usually a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of guy.

Last year, I fleshed out adding a WP power content section to our forum even talked to a couple of writers to edit the articles and such. I scrapped the plan because I'm no writer and everyone promises to contribute then it's like pulling teeth to get them to follow through.