How do you make admins and mods stand out visually?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Soliloquy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Most forum owners want to make their admins and mods stand out visually, so members will pay more attention to their posts. How do you do it on your forum? Do you make the username a different color, allow a larger avatar, or just have a more colorful rank image?

2. Blackout

Blackout Addict

First Name:
    Jacob
    Usually I tend to have my staff member groups a darker color or bolder color that makes them stand out amongst the users. This proceeds to tell the users/guests that this person is of the staff and could potentially be accessed as a route to solve an issue.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Unlike other people o.o.... Mine colors are very... Colorful~ Usually I make my mods bold, and Admins are bold and italic.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I try not to make them stand out too much, because authority really isn't an important aspect on my forum. Administrators and moderators have the exact same markup (green and italics).

5. Michael

Michael Regular Member

We have Admins in bold and red with a gold shield next to our usernames, our Moderators have their usernames in green and bold with a silver shield and our Support Leaders have a bronze shield with their usernames in blue and bold too, our Personal Assistants have theirs in purple and bolded with no shield.

6. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I've recently applied a small icon by their username which seems to work and look very well.

7. dynastygal

dynastygal Regular Member

I don't...I like people on my forum to be equal.

8. Pliff

Pliff Newcomer

Admins tags are black, superods tags are blue and regular mods tags are red. Regular members just have gray tags

9. MJB23

MJB23 Addict

Their usernames are all different colors. Admins usernames are in black, smods in blue, regular mods in red, lifetime members in yellow, premium members in a lighter grey, and regular members in a darker grey.

We also use different user ranks that are color coded to each user group and have that user group written on them.

10. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I have done a couple of different things:

Founder color for just myself
    Admin color for the other admin
    Admin color for both me and the other admin
    Super mod color
    Mod+ with color
    Regular mod color
    Same color for all mods
    Same color for mods, admin, myself

11. Imperial

Imperial Adept

For my latest forum, I switched up the staff markup a little bit. All registered users are bolded. Moderators have a red bold italic username, admins have gold bold italic username. Each staff member is further detailed with a custom usertitle designating their staff position. One of my admins wants to go one step farther and set up each admin with a separate usergroup so that each admin can use their own custom rank image. I'm thinking about doing that...

12. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Different username markup only. Bold and colored.