HostGator or HawkHost

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by TheMightyEddy, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddy Regular Member

I would go with HostGator because their service is very good and customer service is the best. I feel comfortable when I call them and ask them questions. Once I wanted to ask a question about HawkHost's hosting and they were pretty rude to me. They didn't say hello and they didn't say bye. They were talking to me in a rude tone and they practically thought I was nothing. So that's why I pick HostGator.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Well we all have or own experiences with any given host. And my experience with Hawkhost is great, and thats why I would choose hawkhost.

3. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Sorry to say I disagree because from experience HostGator have tried to sell me something I did'nt want, and also other sites using them have had to leave because their limits were too "trigger happy" as you could say.

HawkHost on the other hand, were more than happy to help me out with my needs, and don't have so many limits on resources, and they also did not sell me something that I did'nt want either.

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I agree, im guessing Eddy's site is not all that active yet.. HostGator's support is not going to be rude to you until you start complaining about the problems you will soon have.. as I have said in my other posts about hostgator, is that they are very well known to be "Trigger Happy" so once your site gets very active and starts using up all its given resources they are most likely to suspend you without notice. It happens all the time.

5. Victor

Victor Regular Member

Well I am using hostgator at the moment. I had them in the past and I left them. I went on a 6 month of changing host almost every week for awhile. It seems that most of the ones I found had issues. My sites were always down for no reason, 504 errors, 502 errors, etc.

I've never heard of HostHawk? I will have to google it and check it out.

Of course I dont' have any one of my sites really so maybe that is why Hostgator hasn't given me the Trigger on the Finger :D

Kaiser likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Well its hawkhost, and yea if you ever need to change in the future you can try Hawkhost. Yea once your site is active then hostgator might show you its real face.

7. Gimgak

Gimgak Regular Member

I would go with hawkhost simply because I've used them and had a great experience with them. Hostgator has good rep but they still are one of the big oversellers which is why I'm hesitant with them.

Kaiser likes this.
  8. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, and their rules & limits are harsh.

9. David

David Regular Member

I'm happy with HawkHost and I've received some great support.

Kaiser likes this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Same here, I have had one problem so far which was minor, and they replied on time. Support was great, they solved it in a few hours.