Hit Counter

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by webkid, Mar 28, 2008.

1. webkid

webkid Regular Member

Do you use hit counter at your website? I want to use hit counter at my forum and would like to know from where I will get code for hit counter for my site.

Thank you

2. Adam

Adam Regular Member

I think hit counters are only used for bragging about your visitors or because you don't have any other means of tracking your visitors. I don't use hit counters myself. Try using Awstats if you using Cpanel. You can get free stats for you site at http://extremetracking.com.

3. benjaminp

benjaminp Regular Member

eXtremetracking is crap if people have cookies disabled and stat counter is just generally terrible. If your host has stat software such as awstats use that.

4. nightlinker

nightlinker Regular Member

well i use statcounter and its fine with me.. if you dont like statcounter try the google analytics.

5. adithya

adithya Regular Member

east or west Google Analytics is the best..
    warning:G analytics is very addictive....The sheer amount of info that it gives will tempt one to visit the site often..:)

6. thedudleys

thedudleys Regular Member

there is another way that you can track people....its called feedjit and it tracks people who visit your site by either google searches, another site having a link to yours, it tracks them all...if you go to our hosting site you will see it at the bottom and have an idea of what we are referring to as this is how we are tracking our guests. also on our forum has it at the bottom. its really cool, you can have words or a live map which dots where people live on the world and let s you know where they are so you know how to target more traffic from a certain area.

also, it doesn't matter if they have cookies enabled or not that i have noticed of, as well as their is an option below it to allow you to ignore your browser so it doesn't keep showing you entering the site all the time.

:D