Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Arathald, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Arathald

Arathald Regular Member

Hello Arathald welcome to the General Forums
    Thanks!

Tell us a little about yourself
    All about me:
    My username is Arathald (duh).

I'm from Chicago, Illinois, USA, but currently living in Japan (Nonoichi, near Kanazawa, in Ishikawa prefecture), and will be there for about another months or so. After that, I'll be moving to Seattle, where I'll be working for Microsoft.

The reason I'm currently in Japan is to study the Japanese language, which I speak (barely) conversationally, but being in Japan is making it much better. I also am semi-fluent in Spanish (in fact, I'm technically a native speaker of both English and Spanish).

My real first name is Greg, feel free to call me that. My Japanese name is ?? (kazumori), given to me because it has the same meaning as my given name, Gregory (it means, roughly, defender of peace, or friendly guardian); feel free to call me that as well.

I just graduated from a very good technical college with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and, as I said, I'll be going to work for Microsoft in Seattle, who I interned for last year and absolutely loved it.

Among other things, I love to read books (my favorite being The Man Who was Thursday by GK Chesterton), watch movies (my favorite being Stranger than Fiction (2006)), and sing (karaoke, in front of people, to myself, whatever). I also dabble in writing, and of course, enjoy programming quite a bit. I used to be a very avid runner and cyclist, and am planning on taking both back up now that I'll actually have time, not having college to worry about anymore for a while.

Lastly, I'm gay -- I don't hide that fact, and even though I don't consider it to define me, it definitely shows in my personality and interests at times, and I find interactions with people a lot smoother and natural if I put that out on the table right away.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask me. Also sorry for this post being rather scatter-brained and kind of out of order, it's 2AM here and my brain has shut down for the night.

How did you find the General Forums?
    Honestly, I was just looking for a new set of forums to join, and Google pointed me over here.

Where about on this planet to you live?
    I think you mean *do* you live, and I answered that in the 'about me' section, but I'll answer it again here in case anyone can't be bothered to read the rest of my intro :)

I'm from Chicago, currently live in Nonoichi, near Kanazawa, in Ishikawa prefecture, Japan (???????????), but am moving to Seattle in early August.

Enjoy the place, hope to see you around for years to come :D
    Thanks, I hope I will too.

Greg
    ??

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Welcome to the forums, thanks for the "do" suggestion, that one slipped by me :p

Enjoy the place, let us know if you have any questions Greg :)