Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Greetings my friends,

My name is David Chapman, I came in through Zoints, which my new friend, Liz is giving a shot. Just as a disclaimer, I work for Zoints, but I asked Liz's permission to take part in this community because I noticed you have a forum dedicated to Restless Leg Syndrome, which I have.

I'm a 28 year old male currently residing in Arizona but am a native Californian. Does Arizona count as a "southern" state or am I going to be ostracized? ;)

Regarding RLS, it's something I think I have had since day one. I quite literally can not stop moving my leg (usually just my left, sometimes just my right, occasionally both). If I do stop, it is physically uncomfortable for me. As I sit here typing this, my left leg is moving at a million miles per hour. The one benefit, I can eat whatever I want and not get fat because it burns a couple billion calories a day! :laugh:

From what I understand, they don't know exactly what causes RLS. I must admit, I think there may be an environmental factor. My best friend and I who grew up 1 block from each other and are one year apart in age both have RLS. Both of us sitting at the same dinner table will have the table shaking so bad it drives people nuts. :(

I've taken a few different prescription drugs, none of which helped. The one thing that DOES help me is yoga. For whatever reason, yoga (which I took up early this year) has been a godsend. It allows me to calm my body and mind and subsequently put my leg to rest without physical discomfort. For the first time in, well, forever, I am able to sleep through the night.

Well, this is getting lengthy. I look forward to meeting all of you. And if you have any trouble with Zoints, have feedback so we can make improvements, etc, by all means, let me know! You can reach me here or at http://david.zoints.com (warning, a couple people have posted less than perfect language on my profile. We're working on better filtering technologies).

2. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

:welcometotheforum: David and glad you joined. I need to explain to the group what Zoints is all about still and give them a *tour* but that is something I need to sort out.

I'm glad you joined, I wish it wasn't because of RLS. Liz

.​

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  3. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome, David. I hope you post often and not just about RLS. I, too, wish you didn't suffer from that malady, and am glad you discovered help through yoga.

I signed up in Zoints, but will have to "play" with the profile page some.

Carol

4. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hi David, welcome to SG. You really don't have to be from the south to be hospitabile or to be hospitabilized. New word? See you around the forums.

Dave :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi David and pleased to meet you! Arizona IS definitely a Southern State when you live in Michigan :)
    Welcome!

Liz

6. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome! :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for the kind welcomes everyone :) I just had Liz reset my password because I managed to forget what it was.

*embarrassed*

8. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

Howdee David. Welcome. I'm the excentric ol' gal with a garden. 3 dogs and 2 cats. My brit hubby is known as SB (sweet brit)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Howdy! I LOVE eccentric people, we make the world more colorful and fun! :sneaky:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

:icon_rotate: A late, but great, WELCOME to you, DChapman!

I hope you have fun around here, under the gazebo, with us. Lots of stuff to talk about, since we all are fixing ourselves, our machines (computers), our houses, our businesses and everything else that seems to be falling apart.

I too have RLS and whole bunch of other goodies at the ripe ol' age of 36!

Well, take a look around and if I can be of help - just ask!:wink2:

I don't have a zoints profile yet because I don't know what it is!! Maybe send me some information on the site & idea and I will try and help promote it?

-micaman:laugh: