Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, May 7, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there everyone,
    my name is Dereck my age well...48 on the 23.05.05 but feel as though I've only just started living,
    I stay in South Africa, South of Johannesburg,
    I live on a farm where we grow Organic vegetables (Certified Organic)
    and send them to big supermarkets up north of Johannesburg.

I'm also a Chef, worked in 5 star hotels as Executive Sous/Head chef for 20 years.
    I now run my own caterering business.
    While in between I compose musicand play various instruments,ie: Base,Lead,Keyboards. I have been in a coulple of bands did a lot of CDs and had one( no 2) on the charts a few years ago, hopefully more to come.Most of my family have moved to Australia.

Well that's me for now, Southernlady... Congadulations on your site I have seen all of them, You are quite talented ....
    OOPs..Of course last but not least Hello there to Veronica and coathanger007

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome to the board Dereck.

Dorian

3. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome, Dereck! You are quite a talented young man! Hope you enjoy posting/reading here. Carol

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Carol and Dorian,I feel at home already...Thanks for the Welcome

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hehe...Hi Dereck. We've learnt more about you here in a single day than at the freeware forum in a single month :D LOL. btw, which part of Australia are your family situated in?

6. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

Welcome, Dereck, glad you joined us...and from so far away. I suspect you found me from coathanger's board if you know him, right?

Thanks for the compliment. I'm trying and I hope we do well over here. It's the members as always that make the board. I just put it together.

Glad you joined us. Make yourself at home. Liz

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Liz, Yup you guest right I'm on coathanger's forum...and thanks I'm sure I will...
    Thanks coathanger... why not... I had to let my hair hang down some time...What makes it easy is that I'm not a total stranger...thanks to your Decentdownloads forum...Yes I have family in Sydney, Brisbourne, Perth and Mackei (I'm not sure of the spelling)

8. southernlady

Part of it, is the core group here has been together for over 6 years. When I put together my forum, I naturally had to rope my best online friends into coming to visit it and registering in the forum...well, where else can we all visit and yet meet NEW people, right?

But we are a yacky bunch and we almost can finish each others sentences. We are also a NOSY bunch Liz

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I must admit it's one way of travelling light and visiting friends around the globe at less expence,and the knowledge you recieve with it...the nosey part well... I'm sure is very interesting 6 years is a long time maybe sometime or anotheryou should consider a have a live family gettogether...

10. southernlady

I have a live family The Charles Ramsey Family But what makes life interesting is my extented online family that keeps growing. :)

I keep adding to it by meeting new people like you and others and finding out about the, finding out what they like and who they are. You are a sous-chef and that took a LOT of time and effort and talent. And I hope you wouldn't mind sharing recipes with us. If not, I understand...you spent alot of time and effort learning and studying. Liz

11. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Wow! A very talented lot here!

Nice meeting you, Dereck. So, you can not only cook, but can entertain while we eat! Maybe there can be a Southernlady's Hospitality Meeting sometime. Dereck can cook and play. Dave can eat. Liz can be hospitable. Dave can eat some more. :D

Dave :D

12. southernlady

OH, I just realized what you said...a LIVE get together! Well a few of us have at one time or another. I've met Cindy (Mamacita) and Carol (Reddie) and Kathy, and Leng but that's it...I wish, I REALLY wish I could meet Dorian but who knows when or if I'll get out to Northern California.

As to Julie...well, she's in Scotland! Liz

13. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Wouldn't it be great if we COULD all meet and taste some of Dereck's 5-star food and hear him play? LOL I think Liz is off to a great start with her new "toy". I'm enjoying talking to all my new friends.

Carol

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Well...Well... Well what have I stared here? yes I must admit the food I cook is very creative as for the music well it's just as good...If ever There were a meeting whereever... I will certainly ablige. This is for Dave... don't blame me if you add extra kiolograms on the scale from my cuisine
    I must say that if we all met in one place and ate and sang, it will be the most expensive meal we've had in our entire lives considering that we are so far apart...

15. southernlady

I LIKE your home page...nicely done. Liz

16. Guest

Guest Guest

If your'e referring to mine I could do with some advice to make it more professional unfortunetly my weakness shows in this direction, I haven't the faintest idea of what Graphics is all about, Hopefully someone will show me, as for my partner...Well not much to say because I do most of the work in the field as she and her hubby have another business to deal with

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, Derek! Nice to meet you. As has been said earlier, you are quite talented! I am not a professional chef, but I LOVE TO COOK! I eat out a lot, then if I liked what I ate, I experiment and try to guess the spices and cook it at home. What kind of entrees do you cook?

Here is my newbie intro which I copied from an earlier post.

18. southernlady

Well, you're in luck cause one of our other members is a moderator of a web masters forum :) In fact, that's where WE met! He's been a great help to me and is trying to help me now with the graphics on this one. Graphics is my weak link. Liz

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi WSHinCO,
    Thanks for the welcome, Well basically I do European, Eastern, Mediteranian, Portuguese, Italian, Indian you name it I have experience in most cuisines,I have had the privilage of working under and with some of the gratest chefs in the world. My favourite of course Seafood Platter and Sweet n Sour pork .

Thanks Liz that sounds like good news...The Program that I'm using is Namo Web editor 6, the latest program, strange enough I had it sent from Australia, thinking it would be cheaper but little did I know that I had to pay customs which worked out a bit pricy.I envy people who do graphics especially some that I have seen Such as Veronica's and of course yours it really is great...

20. Guest

Guest Guest

ONLY WEEKENDS

Sorry, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post...
    I will only be able to go on the net Weekends as I'm still on a 56K line,
    although I have applied for ADSL which is fast and always on, The area I'm in is not yet jacked up. So we do have a special which we call Open time which I can sit on the Net From Friday night untill Monday morning at a fee of R.7.00 ,So please until they can provide me with this service don't think that I have just arrived and made a dissapearing act this is not so. Dereck