Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Glad to be here.

I saw this site on a link, and decided to see what is going on here. Take care.

2. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

:16: Thin Green Man, glad you joined us, make yourself at home. You will find this a very friendly forum. Liz

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello and welcome! Take your shoes off (unless your feet stink), put your feet up (unless they are dirty) and make yourself at home (but please don't be messy). :D LOL

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome aboard. Make yourself comfortable.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

What?!? We can't be messy? oh, oh.....oops
    Anyways, welcome, Thin Green Man! Despite Nerelda's rules, running amuck is allowed :)

AnotherLiz

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry it took me so long to get here... but I am glad I made it.:hat43:

7. southernlady

I meant to ask you about your avatar? Liz

8. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a funny picture of Al Franken. I do not know the whole story, but from somebody such as Al so against the war, I am assuming it is dig... it is to show the hypocrisy of some people.

I am all for the troops in Iraq and abroad, but again, I am not too clear on Al's position on troops either, but am clear on his stance on the war in general.

This avatar has offended some, and was even asked to take it down in respect for the troops. If that is the case here, I will gladly do it.

9. southernlady

I don't even know who he is. I guess that's how far out of touch with that part of the media I am. LOL. It doesn't offend me, but if any of the others complain to me, I'll let you know, ok? Liz

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Al Franken is a very extreme left wing radio talk show host. He is well known for people hating him. In fact, he is also known for reading hate mail over the air. One person sent a critique of his new book Truth (With Jokes), and said something on the lines of

"Your book is crap, I will not buy your crappy crap, crapenstein."

In fact, thinking about it, I will change the avatar.

This fits better with my views. As a moderate, this may work better, and nobody is offended...

11. southernlady

Yeah, who says we can't be messy???? I thought *I* was the admin around here. (looking over my shoulder to see who made Nerelda an admin). LOL Liz

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Good, I'll put away the broom.
    Gotta watch out for those young'uns like Nerelda, they're stinkers (and you know I'm just teasing you, Nerelda :flowers:)

AnotherLiz

13. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome to the forum TGM...this is a great place! Hope you enjoy yourself. Carol

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice to meet you Reddie. :)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

hmmm....24 posts in one day and you're STILL logged in? Me thinks he's addicted to us already. :D

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I once made 130 posts in one day.

17. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

:welcometo Thin Green Man. I know I'm a bit late in greeting you but.... I like you're input so far. Please add the link to your site too. Oh, and don't forget to push a pin into our map.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I added my face on the pushpin map. That is a nice little map, you know that?

As for the link to my site, I still need to make my links page, and add some places I have been to the last few days. Or I can simply add it to my navigation under links or something. My head hurts.:beer:

19. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hi TGM, welcome to the forum. I'm the late welcomer; seems I'm always the last one in anyway...

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum and it seems you already have.

Dave :5emoticon

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Thin Green Man...
    No offence about your avatar...The way I see it at least he looks like his having some fun for a change... instead of working hard...

Dave I'm last for a change...Dereck