Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, May 3, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey everyone. I don't really know anyone but my husband on this forum (use to be Roshi229, now Kbandoly) but I have been convinced by him to join so now I'm trying to figure out how to introduce myself.

Not much to tell about myself. I sit at home most of the day because my husband has been sweet enough to let me become a housewife since we found out I was pregnant this time. I'm about 22 weeks pregnant. I'm excited, this will be our first child and I can hardly wait, I just wish the baby had cooperated at bit more and let us know whether it is a boy or girl for sure. Other than that about the only great thing going on in my life is the new house we're looking forward to closing on.

I love to read, I spend most of my free time with my nose in a book. I'm open to new suggestions on authors, found a new one that I fell in love with last year because a friend suggested I read them. I use to write poetry, but I got away from that as I time passed and life changed. Other than that it's just taking care of my husband or my two hyper-active dogs and one little weasel (ferret) that loves my feet.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and will try to check the forum often.

Leah

2. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

Leah, glad you joined...I've heard many nice things about you from your husband who around here we refer to as dh's. Mine is a member here too.

I love to read as well and one of my best friends is the new moderator of the book forum, she is also trying to write her own novel...so go check out her forum. Also check out the Parenting-Under 6 board where you will fit soon enough. We have another very good friend as the moderator there who has an 8 month old and she will be glad to welcome you aboard.

Anyway, glad you joined in and welcome. Liz

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello Leah, and welcome to the boards.

I'm the other moderator w/the 8mnth old. He is my third child. Congrats on your pregnancy! Pretty soon, you'll be real busy, so take this time to relax and enjoy that baby growing in your belly. I LOVED being pg! Is your pregnancy going well?

What type books do you enjoy reading?

LOL, all these questions, sorry...come join us on the other boards and you can answer them there.

Dorian

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats on the new milestone in your life Lbandoly. Can't say I can relate too well with babies (I'm too young :P) but I'm sure as it's your first you and hubby are very excited.

5. Kathy

Kathy Regular Member

Leah, pleased to meet you. Best wishes to you for a healthy baby.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there!

Hi Leah. I' m Suzi. Welcome to the group and congrats on the baby. Like Dorian, I loved being pregnant. I've had 2 children naturally - one when I was 22 and the other when I was 40! But, I also have 3 stepchildren whom I consider 'my kids' also; so, I really have 5 kids. We are a yours, mine & ours and all the kids just consider it all one family; they don't feel the need for step or half in referring to each other. It's great that you are able to stay home; enjoy it now, because like one of the others said, you will be busy soon! But, it's a wonderful kind of busy. Hope to see you around again real soon.

7. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Hi Leah, welcome to the boards! Liz has done a great job. I'm glad you've found us. Congrats on your pregnancy! The time will go quickly. I only have one child, but loved being pregnant too. I also was able to become a SAHM once Laura was born. It's wonderful to be able to be there for your child as he/she grows and does all the "firsts".

Good luck on your new home...that is so exciting.

What type of reading do you like? You didn't say. I love to read romances when I can. But I'm also branching out to some "philosophy" books...at least that's what I call "Tuesdays with Morrie" and that type of story.

Do you do any handicrafts? When I was pregnant, I started doing counted cross stitch...actually completed an alphabet picture of bears. It was relaxing and passed the time.

I hope you find this forum enjoyable. We're glad to have you join us!

Carol

[/b]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am definitely enjoying being pregnant, even though I can tell I'm going to start moving awkward soon. I've still got about half of the pregnancy to go and am hoping I can get everything that needs to be done, done before Sept. My actual due date is Sept 8.

I read a lot of different types. I love my romances, but I'll also read some Stephen King or Dean Koontz when I'm in the mood. I have done some counted cross stitch, I just have been busy and not touched it recently. I think if I got one that I could hang in the babies room I'd actually finish it. :D

Talk to everyone again soon.

Leah

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello and welcome... :D

10. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hi Leah,

Congrats on having the first baby. Oh boy, is y'alls life getting ready to change some more. You're married to who? I'm just kidding around; I don't know any dark secrets from other forums that your hubby may be on. :shock:

I would try to get my hunni on here, but she's liable to take all my computer time and I can't have that! Actually, after I get my office fixed up and the computers networked, I just might introduce her. Maybe.....

Anyway, welcome.

Dave :D