Hello! I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi I'm new here. I am from the state of Washington, I live about 100 miles north of Seattle and south of the Canadian border.
    I am happily married, we have 4 grandchildren ages 12, 8,6 and 2 1/2
    My husband and I have 5 acres. We have 6 dogs 2 of which we rescued/adopted and one cat we rescued. I like cooking, crocheting, crafts and of course animals...
    I met Southern Lady on another site and ..Thanks for the Invitation to come join. Bonnie

2. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

WeeHaa! welcome! I live in SW Mich and have 3 dogs, 2cats, and a Sweet Brit husband...

3. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

:15: Bonnie, glad you joined us. And you caught me just as I was out away from the board. But others were ahead of me and said hello for me.

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site. Liz

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome,
    Animals, land... we share interest, however it gets a bit cold up that way for me.
    My wife and I Live about 15 min. west of Charlotte, NC 2 dogs, and 2 ferrets, we're expecting our first very soon.

nice to meet you.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome! :)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi WAlady and welcome!! I'm new, too and found this to be one of the friendliest places on the Net. I'm sure you'll like it here as well as I do, thanks to the fine company here.
    I'm in W. Michigan---the second rainiest place in the US next to Seattle!! (but we've had an unusual bad drought this summer)
    Good for you for rescuing dogs! We got our Sandydog at 4 years old, and she was neglected and abused. So many folks told me, "she's hopeless, bring her to the pound and find another dog", but she has such a pretty face!!. Well a year later, she proved to be the sweetest, smartest dog, though a teeny bit neurotic (she thinks she's a cat sometimes) and it was so worth it. All she needed was love and trust. And cookies, of course!
    AnotherLiz

7. Guest

Guest Guest

HI Thanks for the Great welcome.
    I was actually born In PA, lived in N.J. for about 18 months when I was 13 and then Ohio. I moved to Wa in 1976..
    We have some warm weather here lately and Eastern Washington has a very different climate. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you all.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Bonnie!!! I definitely share your love for animals and I'm sure dh and I would have that many if we had as much land as you. As it is it can feel like a zoo in our house with our dogs and ferrets. Dh and I have been married just over a year and should be welcoming our first child, a little girl, into this world in a couple of weeks. Hope to see ya around the boards.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Leah and best wishes on baby girl! I had a stroke 4/03 but before that I was a medical assistant to a Dr. who did high risk OB/GYN...I really miss "my moms"
    We actually had more animals..we had two llamas and 3 goats and rabbits. Have given the llamas and one goat away...My husband was diagnosed with malignant melanoma and had surgery in January and I have deficits from the stroke. We found a wonderful home for the llamas (Pippi and Mocha) and for Poco the goat who hung out with them. This man has 80 acres and it is a beautiful place. so we are down to two goats, chickens, 1 rooster...the dogs and cats...
    John is doing well since surgery and with downsizing can spend more time on the property..we bought raw land so it is an on-going work in progress..
    Keep us posted on baby girl and how you are doing
    Bonnie

10. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome hun. we ae very glad to have you here.

11. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome, Bonnie! this is the friendliest place to be! Some day I hope to visit the beautiful state of Washington, but I'm afraid it won't be in the very near future, cause my dh and I live in New Jersey and it's quite a haul to travel out west. We just returned from a 2-week road trip out to Colorado and back.

BTW, I'm from New Jersey, as I said, and my dh and I have a 17 yo daughter about to leave for college on Friday. His older 2 kids live out of this house but still in town and we see them frequently. We also have an 8 yo dog, Maxwell, who has been experiencing separation anxiety this summer. lol Carol

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi to everyone....thanks for the warm reception...
    I think it's going to be a lot of fun around here..
    and wow babies coming...
    I am medically disabled, a stroke survivor. I was a medical assistant to an OB/GYN before stroke. So I am excited with the babies on their way, and also the animals lovers and the recipe page as I love to cook.
    Best wishes to everyone and have a great day!!!

13. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Welcome to the forums, Bonnie! I'm the late welcomer.....that didn't sound right, how about I'm the welcomer that's late...as in time.

Dave :lol2:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome...look forward to meeting you

15. Guest

Guest Guest

A warm Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay...Dereck

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Bonnie! Liz's place is great isn't it - now we'll run into each other all over the place!:eusa_danc Vicki (~V)

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Vicki..yes it is fun here ...so glad you got your computer fixed!!!
    I'll have to try your potato soup recipe.. I posted 2 soup recipes so far.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

:15: Hi Bonnie! I've been out-of-town so I'm just now seeing your post. Glad to have you joining us here. We're a pretty friendly bunch. I checked your bio and discovered you are 1 month & days older than me. Great year to born in!! My dh & I have 5 kids and 7 grandkids (the oldest is 13 today, in fact. the others are 11, 11, 10, 9, 7, 7). Our kids are 35, 33, 32, 30 and 16. The 16 yr. dd is the only one left at home and the 30 yr old is the only one w/o any kids yet; hopefully he and his wife won't wait to long! We have 2 cats and have 16. something acres. We live in a rural area of VA.

I'll be looking forward to getting to know you.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Yummy - potato soup!!! Dd and I both love that. I'll have to head to the recipes and check out the recipe!!

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Suzie thanks for the welcome..this is a fun site and am finding my way around..
    I like to cook so I love the recipe site too. My husbands family ask me to bring the dessert for pot lucks..look forward to knowing you better also