Hello from Elkhart, Indiana USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phoenixfury, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Phoenixfury

Phoenixfury Regular Member

Hello my name is Wally and I just signed up for the new forums not much more than a hour ago, but this is my first posting in these forums.

Anyway I am yet another geek in that I love to work with computers, build them, and sometimes troubleshoot the beasts. I previously worked as a internet technician (I helped customers with dialup connections) and am currently in between jobs.

My interests are in making new friends, chatting, and computers and internet of course. Well anyway that's my 2ยข for the time being. I look forward to meeting everyone. Just a for warning, I beleive sarcasim makes the world go round, so don't ever take anything I say in a literal manner. I'm not past making a fool of myself to make someone laugh, so if I'm a little off the wall, then you know I told you so. ;)

2. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Freaky... so many similarities. ;)

Computers... check.
    Internet tech... check.
    In between jobs... check.
    Making a fool of myself... CHECK.

Welcome. I hope you make yourself a regular fixture around here. :)

3. Phoenixfury

Oh chances are pretty good that I'll make myself a pernament fixture. It's nice to meet you yet again Diesel Dan. I think were going to get along just great. :)

4. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Hey, and welcome to our insanity. I hope to see you around a bit.

oh and computer geeks rock. :)

5. Phoenixfury

If this is insanity, then I feel right at home. Your right, we geeks do rock. :beer: I look forward to getting to know you guys. :)

6. WaterB

WaterB Regular Member

<AOL Voice> Welcome!!! </Voice> :)

7. JHowse

JHowse Regular Member

Hey, Phoenix. Just wanted to bid you welcome. Yes, us computer geeks do rock! ;) Can't hurt to have yet another one in the ranks. Welcome.

Prox, you got that level 9 probe ready? :lol:

8. Phoenixfury

Oh no!!! Not the level 9 probe.. (shreiks in terror) AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Ug.. Now I won't be able to sit down for a few days.. :)

9. SwissSmiss

SwissSmiss Regular Member

welcome to the soup. :ufo:

too lazy to say much else...

oh, i like phoenixes... phoeni?

10. Phoenixfury

Nice to meet you too SwissMiss. :-) The phoenix is very symbolic to me. Perhaps someday I'll explain why that is. :-)

11. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Dont worry about the level 9, i dont even use the extra splintery version. Its when i threten you with the level 12 that you should be scared.

12. SwissSmiss

SwissSmiss Regular Member

cause you rise from the ashes, perhaps?

the phoenix is to be my next/last tattoo.

13. Phoenixfury

Yes, you are correct! I posted this on the Phoneix Project board, but I will post it here so you won't have to hunt for it. This explains somethings about myself and why I chose then nickname I did.

See I chose the handle Phoenixfury as a direct result of a camping trip I went on last year with my ex-girlfriend. This trip brought me to Portland Maine where the Phoenix is symbolic to the city. They say that Portland had burned down many times, and was rebuilt each time from it's ashes litterly.

I won't go into details, but my relationship with my ex-girlfriend ended very horribly. I was brought down so hard I litterly felt as though I could die and I litterly wanted too, but I do not beleive in suicide. I felt at the time that there was no hope.. I lost my self esteem and my identity. Then my family encouraged me to get back on my feet and come back to Indiana so I could be close to family. I've had time to regain my self esteem and regained the determination that I will find the right woman to spend my life with some day. I left Upstate New York from the ashes and fury. I have adopted the Phoenix as my symbol with a firey determination that know matter what happens, I will not give up on life and remain strong.

14. lobo

lobo Guest

Yep!!! That's the brilliant point!

Sir! Welcome to Our Soup! :soldier: :beer: