Hello from Chartbuster!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chartbusterette, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

2: yet we are paid to perpetrate that myth.

2. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

BINGO!!!! DING! DING! DING!
    .... give 'da boy a seee-garr!

3. DannyGKaraoke

But doesn't that behoove us to have the best version to help them sound their best even if there is a chance to get in trouble with showing it's trademark. There is another way to keep from displaying the trademark without the investigators seeing it. I won't spell it out in a non private room in this forum though.

4. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

Jeff bates will be singing a set of his songs using my system and I will be running sound for him. I was asked by his promoter to run sound as I have for him in the past. So how am I not in the music business? I own a small publishing business for my daughter as a local artist to protect her music as well. So I am in the music business!

My singers range from professional singers (that that want to come and sing for fun and get away from their structured shows) and local non-professional people that enjoy just singing even if they can or cannot hold a tune and want to have a great time.

Some singers prefer on manu over another because the track is closer to the original.

You really sound like you hate Karaoke!?!?

5. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

I have been called a lot of things but a "carnival ride operator", that is a new one. Step right up and spin the wheel!!!!!!!!! and pick your prize :yahrofl:

6. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Make no mistake... I haven't "called you" anything... but I like to think of the job more along the lines of an organ grinder...

7. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Well then, good for you. And you supplement your income with karaoke? (Not judging, just inquiring.)

Naw, I don't hate it.... but I'm not out to make it any bigger than it really is....

8. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

I think that going to a show with a host with an attitude like that would be about as much fun as being a living organ donor.

9. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

And doesn't it "behoove us" to protect our venues from unnecessary legal action?

Yes, there are lots of ways... and more trouble than it's worth. It's easier all the way around to simply drop it.

10. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

Can anyone find me a monkey.

11. DannyGKaraoke

There are more ways to protect your venue from what you term "unnecessary legal action" than removing product from your hard drive in my opinion that isn't as much trouble as you would think.

One is submit to an audit before they name you which is what I am doing. I see no inconvenience in bringing my stuff down for an audit while I am visiting Sound Choice. Or skype it like KJAthena did.
    Oh I forgot, you don't even use books so you can't provide one for them to pick through so doing a skype audit is out of the question.
    For those interested, Chip uses a kiosk for his singers to choose songs from eliminating books.

12. possumdog

possumdog Regular Member

I always figure if we can't gaurantee the audience members the best singers to listen to, at least they can have kick-a music track. When I see audience members that can't help themselves from singing along or playing air guitar and we have a full dance floor with lots of hooting and hollering then I don't regret buying good versions of songs.

13. KjAthena

KjAthena Regular Member

well we rented a system for our shows (and yes it is a legal system)during the cheerleaders meeting... so we will be doing the group audit also. Hopefully we can make it a big 3 audit. Anyone have a video cam...a video of how easy it is might take the wind out of some sails:yespill:

14. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Thanks for the free ad Danny. But you forgot to mention that I wrote the software and sell it.... yep, no more pages to print, stuff or bind or pencils or slips to chase around at the end of the night.

You might say that we're more "ecologically responsible" than the printed books.

And besides, what a wonderful addition to those using computers with their new Gem Series rentals.... Why the cost of books over the initial term would be enough for more than just a few payments!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Haven't you already found one?:biggrinpill:

16. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

Hummmmmmm yep, I think I'll just let that go................... :winkpill:

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you realize what a sad and pitiful statement that is? :(

I am not simply a "delivery system" and my livelihood is in no way reliant on anyone else's logo or product. I get hired and paid for what I can do not because of any particular products I choose to carry with me.

If you can't use the product effectively without inviting a legal nuisance - then the format it's distrbuted on doesn't matter at all.

18. jokerswild

jokerswild Regular Member

If you have ever dubbed a CD to tape back in the day because you didn't have a CD player in your car.... you might be a pirate.

If you have ever dubbed a cassette tape to cassette tape just so you had only the songs you wanted to listen to on a single tape.... you might be a pirate.

If you have ever tuned into your favorite radio show just to tape that new song.... you might be a pirate.

If you have ever ripped a CD to a computer format to play on a personal media player.... you might be a pirate.

Raise the main sail boys... and sail the 7 seas.... you evil skirvy dogs.

Ok so this post was pointless... carry on. :winkpill:

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually it wasn't pointless, misguided perhaps, but not pointless!

20. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

You are not the delivery system but the format you use is. Without discs (whatever brand), you can not perform as a karaoke host legally (yes I went there) unless you are using something that originates offshore that is probably unlicensed product for the USA or you are creating your own. And yes you are reliant on some ones product weather we like it or not (logo or no logo).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.