Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Coop, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Coop

Coop Regular Member

Hi All,
    My names martin, I live in the UK, and recently got to know liz. So I thought I'd come along to check out her site. As I have some interest in security, and noticed the security forum I thought I'd join up and check things out.

Oh, by the way, I didn't spot the custom titles by myself, I saw the sticky thread before I got that far (though being a VBulletin owner, I did know they exist). I like the themes, you certainly have a good selection there.

2. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

Welcome, Martin :15: or would you prefer Coop? I'm glad you joined us. I know that I'm enjoying your forum. Make sure you add a signature link. I do allow them. And as soon as I figure out the hack, I'm putting up a link exchange.

But kick off your shoes and make yourself at home. Liz

3. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

Welcome to a new Brit! I dragged one over last year, and we are living in SW Michigan in wedded bliss. Yes you must sig a link to your site. Click mine if you'd like. Forget the security, just stop in and visit regular...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome, Martin! I'm new, too. You will like this place.

AnotherLiz

5. Coop

Coop Regular Member

Thanks for the welcome Liz and bozodog, I'll get round to the sig soon, just run out of time this evening (It's just gone midnight here). I'll be checking out the forum and getting to know my way around over the next few days. As for what to call me, I don't really mind. My names Martin, but pinkdots started calling me Coop and it seems to have started to stick. But I don't really care either way, whichever you prefer.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Coop! Hope to see you around often! :)

7. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome Martin! I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting the forum often. Carol

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome, glad you could join us.

see ya 'round

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Martin, see ya around.

10. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hey Martin, welcome! How'd you get that Coop name? What's the story?

Dave :D

11. Coop

Coop Regular Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

In the UK, there is a TV series called the OC. Not sure if it's on in the states, but apparently I remind one of my forum users of a character called coop in that series. Never seen it myself, so not sure why. Anyway, as she happens to be the top poster on my forum, and uses the name there and on every other forum she visits, the name has started to stick.
    I've no particular problem with the name, so as everyone was starting to call me that anyway, I just thought I might as well use it rather than fight it.

12. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

Funny how nick's stick. I got my computer about the same time I got a funny little boxer pup. Named him Bozo because his face looks painted like a clowns and he thinks the whole world is a big fun filled "DisneyLand"

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Martin :) Lots of security techies here. You'll fit right in:)

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Martin...Hope you enjoy your stay..We have at least something in common Security...Dereck