Headquarter type websites

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Michael, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Do you have a headquarter type of website, if so what is its main purpose and does it drive any traffic to your forums at all?

I have seen quite a few of them and many seemed to be rather useless, basically a registered business name with a site on the business names domain with a logo and few links to their websites so I have never understood why people choose to have these, no offence to those who do, I just dont understand their main purpose.

Internet Brands headquarter sort of site I understand as theyre a team and have hundreds of sites and are involved with stocks etc I wonder if it is all about branding.

I quite fancy getting my own team together, consisting mainly of family and doing something like this if there was ever a good purpose for doing so in the future at some point.

Thanks for any input :)

2. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    Personally, it works well when it gets bigger.

For my gaming clan, originally it was a way to pass on messages. It worked well for 2 weeks, then the clan split. But during those 2 weeks, everyone was on the same page for once.

Staff were able to sent out notices easily, and meeting times were arranged and kept to by all members.

2 people like this.