Have you ever used revenue sharing?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Soliloquy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Have you ever used revenue sharing to get members motivated to post? Did it result in more activity and higher quality posts? What effect did it have on your revenue from the forum?

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I was thinking of doing revenue sharing using this mod...

Ain - Advanced Google AdSense - vBulletin.org Forum

...for vBulletin. But, I haven't confirmed whether it works 100% or not yet. I believe that it's a good idea to support those that support you and drive more traffic to your site by their content that they provide. So, I am looking for ways to do that.

Also, I've told the moderators that they'll get a percentage of any advertising deals that they strike out there as well. Helps them line their pockets a bit more while they continue to help you promote and protect the site :)

3. kev

kev Regular Member

I can not use adsense on my forum, and I have not been able to find a modification that supports amazon. So the answer is no, I have not used ad sharing.

Not because I do not want to. But because of the lack of a modification that can provide the service to do so.

4. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

I dont believe in using money to motivate people to post.

5. kev

kev Regular Member

Yea, but it helps. Revenue sharing is one of the things that helped make digitalpoint into a huge site. But then again, it also promotes a lot of trash or useless post.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I've never used it because AA is really the first community I've managed that it would be suitable for. Maybe it's something worth implementing here in the future. I wouldn't really use it as a bribe to get people to post, but it's just an added perk; you know, a little "thank you for posting."