Have you ever had to open a support ticket over at vB.com?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Soliloquy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

So far I've been able to get most of my questions answered through the forums, but for those of you who had a problem that couldn't be solved via forums were you able to get it resolved via support ticket? How was your experience?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The only time I've needed to open a ticket is because they needed my login credentials (FTP, AdminCP, etc.) to check something out. Other than that, I get my answers from the forums. ;)

3. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

I beleive I have asked 4 - 5 questions. All answered by Steve apart from 1 I believe. will check it later though.

4. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Once to change my email address and it was cleared up with in a mater of minutes.

5. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I haven't used the ticket system in a very, very long time. To be honest, I think I forget about it.

6. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I've had to use it very few times, but when I did, yes the issue was taken care of asap.

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I've only used the ticket system a few times - all of which have been fantastic. ;)

8. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

I've never had to. But, I'm big on search and using the forums for problems. The problem I haven't been able to get resolved isn't something they would be able to fix anyway since I think it is user error, even if he won't admit to it.

9. kev

kev Regular Member

I think I had to use the ticket system once, and that was right after I opened my first VB forum.

10. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Yes. Works great!

11. 3Phase

3Phase Champion

I use it for questions that seem to be specific to my forum, and/or seem to me to be a bit more confidential. I first search the manual and then the community, but if that doesn't work then the support ticket is usually the answer.

Overall good responses, problem solved within less than a day. But occasionally it does depend on who answers - a very few times the responder just didn't bother to read the ticket and must have copied in a canned answer to some other problem. That's a rare exception but it does happen.

12. Velocity

Velocity Newcomer

I use the support-ticket system when a moderator on the community forum tells me to do that - I always try the forums first. My experience: someone helped me nearly-immediately every time I had to use it.

13. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

Same here

14. 3Phase

3Phase Champion

Another reason I use the support ticket system is that the forum is very hit-or-miss - if I need an answer timely, and accurately the first time, the ticket system is the way to go. On the forum some questions never get any response, or the response is 'yeah I wonder too.' The forum can be good for different ideas if people are interested, though.

One time the ticket system reply directed me to the forum ... and the forum discussion had nothing to do with my question. So that meant more posting/replying to work through that confusion ... :sigh

15. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I am pleased to report that my very first vB.com ticket was answered in 39 minutes flat :)

16. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Excellent! As always, speedy-quick response time. ;)

17. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Never had to file a ticket for support. Any problems that arise I'll figure out myself.

18. Imperial

Imperial Adept

Last support ticket I opened was maybe 8 months ago, although it didn't help my situation. Since the forum was running vBSEO they wouldn't even look despite it being deactivated. I had an issue where I restored from a backup but the version in the database didn't match the version displayed on the forums. Ended up doing a manual database restore and things magically worked. Other than that, no issues with the support tickets.

19. Sick

Sick Newcomer

First Name:
    Sam
    Back when I started with vB I did a couple of support tickets as I was new to vB but then I discovered vB.org and now I'm good to go. But since then I have seen their response times to tickets go up drastically. Went from 15 mins to 1 hour to 2 hours before a response is given. Not sure if it was bad timing or not important enough.

20. kneel

kneel Regular Member

same here...all I used it for was getting my forum up and running. Even then it took less than 24 hours..

After that...anything I have a prob with is taken care of in the forums.