Have you ever fired a staff member?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by cpvr, May 6, 2011.

1. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Sounds like Madness Ashley, I've had similar things occur at PH with silly things like: "I'm afraid to do live help encase my connection goes" or "I'm afraid to do live help because I can't use the thing"

If that's the case, why did they apply for the jobs in question, when the job description clearly stated that you needed to operate the live help...

Kaiser likes this.
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I know that really annoys me when they do that. Its waste time, and I dont have time for foolishness like that

3. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

Firing members are hard because they will try and ruin your site, because of hatrid.

4. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Didn't you have problematic staff like this on EH and EA as well, Ash? Or have they all taken jobs seriously and at least TRIED putting forth some effort into posting and being active? And the thing about the Live Help sounds pathetic right there. I've used your guys' live chat before when I had problems/questions, and it's just like talking on Instant Messenger, only it's more professional and you're going on about more specific subjects, so really, the live help isn't that hard to use. Also, you can have some friendly chit-chat in between while waiting for your problem to be resolved, so it's really not a huge issue.

Well, thankfully when I fired this one, he didn't come back trying to spam the crap out of the place out of hatred, so thank God I didn't have to put up with that. Now that I think back, he was probably too shy to even THINK of pulling crap like that on us. So I guess there are times when being shy is a good thing, as it can keep you out of trouble.

5. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

New members and more activity? You guys were a SUPPORT FORUM for pete's sake. Not a free for all or an entertainment forum. If a forum like that isn't very active, in some cases that's a good thing because that means things are going smoothly and people aren't having problems. Now, if he said he would help you guys get more clients... you know, more people to purchase your hosting services, then that would seem like a more legit reason than just to say they'd get more new members. New members would be a good perk for a forum like this or like mine... not exactly a support forum.

6. Jack

Jack Regular Member

I haven't no.

7. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    So, have all your staff managed to do their jobs, or are you a one horse band, and do everything yourself?

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I just recently had to fire and Ban a staff member for copying AdminBB. Read more about it here.

9. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

Wow Kaiser! That is rough my friend. I'm reading about it now. I have never fire a staff member. The closest I have been doing one was changing the group leader of a special group.

Kaiser likes this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Tell me about it, really is hard to find trustworthy staff nowadays.

11. Jack

Jack Regular Member

I only take on people who i think will do a good job and luckily that's paid off so far.

12. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    That is why I do tend to offer trials, but the problem is sometimes some of them do well in the trial, and the disappear soon after passing, it's a pain in the backside :mad:

13. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I don't mind trial runs, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of them either. Especially for the reasons you stated. I think we experienced a case or two like that on Chatting Time as well if I remember right.

14. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Crap, that is crazy. Especially with his signing up with more than one account. Really, all you can do is keep banning him till he gives up. I don't have time for people like this either. I got other things I could be doing online that don't involve chasing spammers and copycats.

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea I have so much more important things to deal with, just situations like these get me real pissed.