Has your hosting account ever been suspended?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Kaiser, May 31, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Has your hosting account ever been suspended? There can be many reasons for your account to get suspended. Just a few:

- Using too many resources
    - Reaching your account limits
    - Failing to pay the hosting payments on time
    - Not following your host's TOS (Terms of Service)

I have never been suspended luckily, but thought I'd ask you guys.

2. Austin01

Austin01 Regular Member

With my previous forum yes, on a horrible and failing host. I was accused of copying and they were clearly false claims, and they were 'joking' with me in the end.

I left immediately.

Kaiser likes this.
  3. Ventura

Ventura Regular Member

I remember the time I used to use 000webhost, they suspended me for having a shoutbox on my forum which was against their TOS I believe. They are shitty anyway as they are probably the worst. I did a good thing by moving to paid hosting.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Great job on moving, so they basically made it look like they were joking with you in the end? Wow thats not professional.
    I remember my days on 000webhost (Years ago) they are as bad as it gets, but not much to do as they are free.

5. Austin01

Austin01 Regular Member

Yes, it was one of those newer host's as well.
    000webhost was outrageous! I think anyone who uses them looks back and wonders why they ever used them.

Kaiser likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Almost anyone has used them at one point lol. And yea you made the mistake of going with a new host.

7. Coastercraze

Coastercraze Regular Member

Just Host suspended a goof off site I had with nothing on it but a blank HTML page. Said it used too many resources lol.

Oh and I've had servers mistakenly suspended before - one with a hard drive removed and ready to format. That sort of made my day explaining to 150 clients why their sites went down.

8. euantor

euantor Regular Member

I've only ever had them suspended for purposefully ignoring invoices in order to shut the site down :) I tend to look after my sites and the servers their on by watching my resource usage and making sure there's no illegal content.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Justhost, fatcow, and about a hundred other hosts are owned by this one huge company, they sell under different names and their service is pure crap.
    Same here, I always maintain my forum, and check everything just to make sure nothing like that ever happens. And Hawkhost is a good host anyway so I am not much worried about ever getting suspended.

10. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

My host has been suspended before - was using Hostgator, we were using too many resources so it was time to move to a better host.