Has your forum made you any "enemies"?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Soliloquy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

It makes it worse when the person was from another forum making up malicious lies trying to bring a successful start of a forum down. It was completely with malicious and destructive intent.

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

It's rather disappointing to see what lengths people will go to in order to achieve a personal goal - in this case, creating a blog dedicated to bashing your community and/or the individuals involved in its creation.

2 people like this.
  3. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Not really, I had one banned member who kept coming back, but I then spoke to him via email and he explained why he felt the ban was wrong. I didn't even know who he was so I just unbanned his account, it was a long time ago and no one remembers what happened then.

Let me know how that goes. I've got a friend who works for DHS. :) I think I may join your survivalist forums. You do have gun talk on there, right? :p

4. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Enemies ? not really. We have members who dont like the way we do things, so are always making snide remarks, both on the forum, and on other forums. Some people really have nothing better to do. Thats about it really.

5. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I suppose I have an enemy or two. It's not a problem, though.

6. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    the members of a forum whos admin once ran a site with the admin of ours until they fell out. theyre determined to badmouth our forum on other forums we post on, make sly digs at members of ours, post stuff about us on facebook, lie about us to the members of her forum, to make them think we are bad, and also they will even ban any member of their forum who signs up on ours, permanently.

7. EdgeOfVanity

EdgeOfVanity Addict

First Name:
    Wayne
    Yes, in a current 'feud' with a rival forum I used to administrate for. Ridiculous really. I just ignore him and tolerate his numerous user registration sign ups that have insulting names lol

8. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Last night I saw a couple of former trolls sniffing around my site; wonder if they're planning a new attack.

9. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Probably.

Why is it no matter how hard admins try to make things nice someone is always unhappy?

???

10. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

Yes, I've been called a lot of names after I've removed members that "just don't get what support really means". It's not a big deal to me, but it does bother me that someone will listen to the BS that spews out of their mouth, therefore, missing out on a really great support system.

What's even funnier, they always try to get back on. :rolleyes:

11. EdgeOfVanity

EdgeOfVanity Addict

First Name:
    Wayne
    I woke up to a MAJOR attack this morning LOL!

When I transferred my phpbb3 forum to VBulletin, the banned list didn't transfer, and so I had to manually ban off the top of my head. Anyways, last night, one of those I'd forgot to re-ban logged on and posted 109 times a load of crap about my forum.

12. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    That sucks. :(

I actually have a very good relationship with the forum that most would call my "Rival", but then again, there are a lot of offshoots (whether forums or email lists) of that other forum.

We all try to work together.

I even requested (and was granted) for the admin of that other forum to use my affiliate link to one of the products that they have listed on that site. :)

13. EdgeOfVanity

EdgeOfVanity Addict

First Name:
    Wayne
    Wow, I wish I had a relationship like that with my 'rivals'.

Way I see it is that there is more than enough room for everybody to operate on a successful and fair basis, so its beyond me why some people choose to cross the boundaries and start spamming, badmouthing etc!

14. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

I've made a few enemies, although absolutely none are competitive sites (when your competition basically doesn't exist, that's difficult to make enemies with). No, any forum enemies I have are ex members who were trolls in the first place. With a few way too determined ones which have just about been stopped from causing trouble.

15. David

David Regular Member

lol, I've got the same with this guy who follows me to every site I go to.

16. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Newcomer

Wayne - I can only imagine the grief you guys go through.

Personally, I've always appreciated the help you've given me.

17. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan

Hell yes, though as this is posted in the publicly-viewable forum wont go into details (and anybody who knows of me now here will know I do tend to go in depth in my replies).

Though just look forward and don't get annoyed about it, and you'll find yourself doing the right things to avoid it in the future, or have confidence in your decision if it is the case you find more "enemies".

18. EdgeOfVanity

EdgeOfVanity Addict

First Name:
    Wayne
    Yes, I agree with what has been said generally on this topic. I just 'humour' the attacks I sometimes get from that one rival forum

19. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I just get a lot of disgruntled people and when I talk to them on aim, their perception of me changes and their hatred just goes to my forum lol.

20. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I don't have any rivals or enemies, although I do have competitors. I don't plan on having "enemies" either. :P