Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cory, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Cory

Cory Newcomer

First Name:
    Cory
    Hello guys,

My names Cory, I'm 22 years old (tomorrow, my birthday), and I'm from Massachusetts.

I've been doing website design and website development for nearly 10 years, since I was 12 years old. I've moderated several forum communities and am currently working on a new project, so thought this site may be a useful resource.

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Hi, Cory! Welcome to AdminAddict (and happy early birthday). ;)

3. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Hi Cory, for tomorrow, Happy Birthday.

Welcome to AdminAddict, glad you decided to join. I hope to see some of your designs! You can see some of mine in the portfolios section.... What kind of project are you starting? Enjoy your time here.

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Same, I hope to see some of your designs ^^ Welcome!

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hi Cory, welcome to the community! (And Happy Birthday!)

Please enjoy your time. Also, as the others have said, I'd love to see some of your designs. :)

6. Cory

Cory Newcomer

First Name:
    Cory
    Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Test vBulletin forum I have going.

I'm working on some mods for it. Made some template edits as well since I don't like the way vBulletin originally looks.

So far I've worked on:

Forum Home,
    Forum Display,
    Thread Display,
    User Controls,
    User Profiles, (still working to make it look more like Facebook)
    New Posting,
    and a few other things.

Still needs oodles of work!

The site is going to be a gaming type of forum. Its mostly used for online gaming and trading of virtual goods and services related to online games. I'm working on coding a currency system, similar to the one on d2jsp Forums. People buy the currency (forum gold) from me, and then they can trade it to other board members for goods and services. Its pretty successfully on d2jsp to say the least. He makes millions a year.

I use to use that site but the moderators and admin there are very unprofessional, rude and immature. I'm not one to talk trash but I really cannot stand them and not many can. The run the site like a dictatorship, kind of a shame. Its a very successful site, but could have even more success if the owner addressed the many problems of the community, yet he chooses not to. I hope to take some of the good things from his forum and work on improving the negative. There really isn't a good alternative to this forum, so hopefully I can improve and become successful. :) A lot of money in the online gaming business.

If there's any coders out there interested in working with me, let me know! I got lots of great ideas and different things to work on. Still getting use to vBulletin mod making.

Also as you may have noticed, I changed a lot of the images like smilies and post icons, as I had some great private emoticon sets. And I made some custom thread status icons (the envelopes) to look more like the old ones for IPB. And I changed the buttons as well. :)

7. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Welcome to AA and Happy Birthday for tomorrow :)

8. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Welcome to the forum.