Got another thread closed on vb.com :(

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Mark.B, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I'm afraid I've been and gone and went and got another thread closed on vbulletin.com.

Ironically, the thread is called "Another thread closes".

vBulletin Community Forum

It's because of that schwab2clarkson. She annoys me like nobody on a forum ever has, she turns up and just makes the most ridculous comments in support of vb to everything you say. Her latest trick, which is always guaranteed to annoy me, is claiming everything she doesn't agree with is "trolling".

I shall have to put her on ignore, otherwise I will get banned (again).

2. kneel

kneel Regular Member

aa...forget about it huh....

3. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Let me guess. Feedback area?

4. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

Just wondering, but why do you think users on AdminAddict want to know about threads being closed on vb.com?

5. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

I was just going to say that.

But I was going to go a step further and say who cares if they lock threads on their forum? It's their forum, and I am sure it will be run how they want. If you don't like it don't go there to chat. Go there to check out updates and download the software.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I'm not complaining about the locking, it was the right decision. Really this thread is a humourous comment about the fact it feels like every vB.com thread I post in seems to get closed....

7. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Well you have to understand that it really is a business forum and if threads aren't business related then what is the use of them?

Id' probably lock a good portion of them myself. :lol:

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    This,

Honestly, you give this person way to much power over your self and making a thread titled another closed thread is like a self fullfilling phropecy in my opinion. It's like painting a target on your head. The same people you had a falling out with are going to jump in doing the same thing. As a forum owner, I would probably close that thread since the chances of something good coming out of it would be slim to none.

As for vB.com, I only go there to do the above following. I make a post here and there to be friendly but I generally stick with like minded communities to do my chating. When I'm looking to converse with my fellow Admins, Mods, and Blog/Forum owners, I head to AA:cheers:

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Indeed it is, but it also has a sense of humour and doesn't get too "up itself", which is what sets it apart from other forums in other zones.

10. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Naughtly Mark, getting threads closed :D

11. labrocca

labrocca Addict

First Name:
    Jesse
    Ever consider that you might be the problem?

12. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I know when I see Mark's name on a thread, that my mouse finger starts itching. Just want to double-click the status icon right away. ;)

And for everyone experiencing "whoosh" that was a joke.

13. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

No. This thread is not serious. It's a tongue in cheek comment.

This relates nicely to the comment I made the other about why I don't link to my site. Too many people just don't "get" it, or the humour, or me.

14. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

LOL. But don't you find those icons a bit of an anti climax?

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and I still prefer the old way of Thread Tools > Close Thread. It makes you feel like you're really doing something.....

15. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I've gotten lazy in my cynical old age.

Honestly though, that particular forum is like a horrible traffic accident. You want to look away but cannot. It is like drawing moths to their deaths with flame. Moderating it is not on the top of my daily list of chores.

and yeah, I realize that someone will use that against me somehow.

16. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I agree. I vowed never to post in it again a while ago and stick to the normal forums, but something makes me go back....like an illness or an addiction. Then I get myself all wound up and post sort of negative stuff. I've done it again tonight, just now.

It turns me into a different animal.

Perhaps I need therapy.

17. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

double clicking what closes a thread?

While viewing a list of threads or inside of a thread?

18. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

If you have the relevant permissions, in any threadbit list (in forumdisplay or on getnew/getdaily), double clicking the statusicon closes/opens the thread using AJAX.

19. torque

torque Regular Member

You know to be honest - I laughed my head off at your threads but I have stopped going to vb.com I am so sick of all the threads regarding vb4.0 and can't understand why some people are so caught up on it and why they have to hound everyone on their and get on their high horse when someone like me comes along and don't agree with all their views on everything - to me it shows their true insecurities and to be constantly b***ching about something when nothing is announced yet just gets on my nerves and I have stopped going there out of true frustration.

20. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

Sorry Mark, I didn't see the humor in this thread when I first read it. I had just come from vb.com and read a few posts from a couple of my not-so-favorite users who choose to always b*tch and whine about everything and anything (and I am NOT talking about you) and then came here and saw your post and just wondered why I had to read about vb.com here too. Sorry. Now I can see the humor in it, but I didn't when I originally commented.