Forum Suggestions

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Michael, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Do you often take on a members suggestion of a new forum to be added? What is the criteria you go by when considering adding something they want as a forum?

On our forums we tend to only implement a new forum or subforum if there is around 2-3 threads being made on the subject each day, otherwise I dont think it is worth it and there discussions could easily go in one of our general discussion forums.

2. BabyDesigner

BabyDesigner Adept

First Name:
    Meg
    I will take on board ideas for forums/subforums, but will only open one if I feel there is a need for it, and that it would be used.

3. Michael

Michael Regular Member

When we started out we added some forums which never actually went into use which were suggested I guess we learned not to add something just for their benefit, it needs to benefit the community as a whole.

4. BabyDesigner

BabyDesigner Adept

First Name:
    Meg
    Yep, I wouldnt add new forums if I cant say I had threads to move into it. Or if there were another existing forum that would serve its purpose.

5. alter

alter Newcomer

^I think you've basically got it covered.
    New forums are only needed when you've got a definate demand and use for them. Or if you REALLY need to separate something.

6. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    I would add new forums, but im thinking mine are fine i hope.

7. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

My criteria whether to add a new, wanted forum is basically whether the topic has a decent amount of dicussion about it, and if at least 10 or so people would actually post in said part of the forum.