Finding Drivers / setting etc?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by torque, Jul 22, 2009.

1. torque

torque Regular Member

Hey there everyone...

I recently had to format my hard drive on my laptop (darn hacker who got into my site messed my laptop up) and I installed Windows Vista Ultimate - however couldn't find my recovery cds to install all the drivers etc properly.

So now I go to play games that I use to run on here and it comes up errors - I have posted on the games websites and they say my drivers aren't installed properly.

I have tried the whole control panel - update drivers etc etc and it doesn't install any drivers.

I was wondering if there was a trusted website you know off that you can download a program or something and it lists all of your graphics cards etc etc and tells you what drivers you need and how to get them or something?

As without it my laptop is stuffed - I am not a computer wiz, I run a website as vbulletin is basic and easy to run etc and am slowly getting better however I don't know what company to contact to get a new recovery disk would it be lenovo seem that is the brand of laptop?

I just don't know how to get my laptop back to working properly.

Any help or suggestions you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. kev

kev Regular Member

What kind of video card is it?

Nvidia - Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies

ATI - AMD.com | Support & Downloads - click on drivers and downloads in the middle of the screen.

Chances are your video card was made by one of those 2 companies. The card might say something like "Diamond" on it. All they did was buy an ATI or NVidia chip and put it on a Diamond brand name board.

Regardless of "what" brand name the board is, the graphics processor is made by ATI or Nvidia.

Its kinda like Dell reselling windows and intel. All dell does is buy the parts and put the systems together. Someone else made all the parts.

3. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Just do a websearch for "make model drivers". Your make is Lenevo. The model will be on the sticker with the Serial Number on the bottom. This should lead you right to the download page on either the Lenevo or IBM website.

Or download and install the Windows 7 RC while it is still available. You would be able to kiss your driver issues goodbye.