Enchanted to make your acquaintance... :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MissLeo, Jan 14, 2001.

1. nootch

nootch Regular Member

MissLeo: I just read your "profile" over at your own webpage, and I noticed that you quote Dream for an Insomniac at the end, I'm impressed! .

------------------
    "May those who love us love us. And those who don't love us-- may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping." -- Keeping the Faith

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  2. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

Virgo: A bright pure flame burns within you. Perfection is your key word. You do not tolerate fools easily and the planet Mercury gifts you with a brilliant mind and the ability to be logical and precise. You are highly critical of yourself and others and tend to judge harshly. Ithink Virgoans are cuties...IF you are on the right side of them - but they can get quite shy in public and prefer to chat on a one to one basis...they make great friends and parents .
    nootch: Dream of the Insomniac is ultra-cool . You ask what a Nubian is? Got me wondering too now .! Is it not some North African Tribe of former days?

------------------
    You will hear thunder and remember me, and think: she wanted storms. The rim of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson, and your heart, as it was then, will be on fire...
    http://members.theglobe.com/missleo18/specialclouds.html

3. nootch

nootch Regular Member

Nu·bi·an
    Pronunciation: 'nü-bE-&n, 'nyü-
    Function: noun
    Date: 15th century
    1 a : a native or inhabitant of Nubia
    b : a member of one of the group of dark-skinned peoples that formed a powerful empire between Egypt and Ethiopia from the 6th to the 14th centuries
    2 : any of several languages spoken in central and northern Sudan

But I use it becase it's a funny line from my favorite movie, Chasing Amy .

------------------
    "May those who love us love us. And those who don't love us-- may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping." -- Keeping the Faith

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by nootch on January 19, 2001 at 03:48 AM]</font>

4. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

I'm enlightened . thankies *hugs*

5. zmifwaf

zmifwaf Regular Member

Ok, MissLeo, what's it say about me? I'm either Scorpio or Sagittarius (Nov 22) depending on where I look. Also, do you happen to know which one is "correct" or am I doomed to zodiac limbo? .

Thanks. (Oh yes, that reminds me, why do you say "thankies" and such?)

------------------
    Hindsight is always 20-20. But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. --Mustaine

6. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

zmifwaf: You are a Sagittarian. The Centaur/Archer. Delightfully neurotic with an immensely cynical sense of humour. I always tease Saggies by asking them which half is horse and which human tee hee! If the men say the bottom half is horse with those wicked grins only men can really have, I just swoon *giggle* Saggies are fragile egos who work much too hard at everything they do and like their lives and environment to be uncluttered by people and items. Everything/one must have it's place and look tidy and alert .! They are splendid lovers and really can be hurtful as they shoot those little arrows so straight to the target (they are straightforward no-nonsense people who tell you exactly where to get off, but likewise can give honest sinere praise) Ever ridden a highly-bred horse in full gallop? I have...it is a glorious sensation yet you feel the horsey is actually much more in control than you ever thought possible...suc is any interaction with Sagittarius.
    HmmH...I like to add "ies" to my words because I'm the spoiled brattie of my family and they adore my "little girl" talk. I also do it to irritate anyone who allows him/herself to be irritated .lies! *stickies out tonguey*

------------------
    You will hear thunder and remember me, and think: she wanted storms. The rim of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson, and your heart, as it was then, will be on fire...

7. zmifwaf

zmifwaf Regular Member

Well, I'd say that sounds quite a bit like me. So Sagittarius I am. . Now, I wonder why half the world thinks Nov. 22 is Scorpio?

PS: I hope you didn't think I was annoyed by the 'ies'. Just curious is all.

Thanks.

------------------
    Hindsight is always 20-20. But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. --Mustaine

8. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

Half the world is wrong of course . Being a Leo I'm incapable of being wrong *tongue firmly in the cheek* Hey, Saggie...I'm glad you are not annoyed by me "-ies" Seriously though, where you were born, time, and many other factors may make you a Scorpio. I'm no expert. I think you must decide what you are by looking at the ascribed characteristics of both signs. I suggest you read Linda Goodman's "Sunsigns" .

------------------

9. Debby

Debby Regular Member

Hi, my name is Debby....pleased to meet ya all!! .

10. TheFishee

TheFishee Regular Member

"Being a Leo I'm incapable of being wrong *tongue firmly in the cheek* "

I suppose You would like my comment...
    I wonder...

I'll let you ponder .PPP

------------------
    Calm-ness - Does it bring beauty or a carpet of death apon its wings of mist....
    Knowledge - Is it the Light You See before You Die ??

11. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

You, TheFishee, always has me hunting rainbows, despite the fact that I know its only grey mist...*sigh* Tell me...or I bite that beautiful tail right off, rendering you incapable of swimming and highly unattractive to female fishees grrrr! Sorry about earlier to you and Lysithea and JHowse on AOL IM : I got disconnected and could not reconnect for some obscure, frustrating reason! (Hi and welcome Debby!)

------------------

12. JHowse

JHowse Regular Member

MissLeo, it's ok about losing connectivity. . Your sudden departure made me suspect such. . Ouch, Ele, tail biting? . Hope to talk to you again, soon. .

------------------
    Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

I'm just a quick pee. - liltaz, fastest pee in the West!

That which does not make me barf, makes me stronger - possum37, fugly.net guru.

13. TheFishee

TheFishee Regular Member

No probies about AOL kinda, except i had nothing to do for the rest of the DAY!!

"You, TheFishee, always has me hunting rainbows, despite the fact that I know its only grey mist...*sigh* Tell me...or I bite that beautiful tail right off, rendering you incapable of swimming and highly unattractive to female fishees grrrr!"

Ele i have hidden a nice little pot of gold at the bottom of a rainbow...that will soon be seen from all around, hint: something you wanted to understand
    a while ago yet could'nt. .

"incapable of being wrong"
    Come to think of it..
    Ooooooh You would so like my answer...

------------------
    Calm-ness - Does it bring beauty or a carpet of death apon its wings of mist....

14. MissLeo

MissLeo Regular Member

Grrrr! *now really bites that tail off!* How you tease me silly Fishee! But thank you for the gold...I needed some shoes to go with my new cobalt blue silk dress....

------------------

15. TheFishee

TheFishee Regular Member

/me ponders abit...

Cya On AOL coz i am really bored....

------------------