Does the price of forum software matter to you?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by cpvr, Jun 14, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I know I've been using vBulletin for years, and the price range doesn't really matter to me because I've been a fan of the software for years, and I'm more custom to it.

But, in other words, does the price of forum software matter to you? Or do you pay for what you see regardless?

2. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Regular Member

Price is not a object to me, I spent over $300 on my IPB forum software. I ended up not liking it and sold it for a MAJOR loss and bought XenForo. And I have been happy ever sense. So in a sense I paid twice for my forum software. ;)

3. Blake

Blake Regular Member

It matters to me. Matters to most, I'd expect, since there are still quite a few free softwares out there that are quite popular. I think there's an uptapped market though. If someone came in and some quality software and only charged in the $75 range, I think they could really hit a home run. Or at least a stand up triple!

Soulwatcher, what was it about IPB that you didn't like?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Price does matter to me because I wont pay for something that doesn't offer much when there are other free solutions available. But I bought XenForo because to me it was worth the price as I liked what it had to offer.