Does age of the owner matter for a forum's success

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cpvr, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

I think the server may have hung ...

2. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

In my opinion age does not matter, people younger then myself have done really successful forums and websites. I'm 28 but I've known teenagers who run forums really well and are great at it, if anything I think being in control and having a community and members to take care of kind of makes them a bit more mature because they have to watch out for others. If someone is in charge of something they have to learn how to govern over people and set in a specific amount of guidelines that they need to follow, if the admin who is under age can make sure that they follow those guidelines then all the better. Being in school can help assist them in their adventures because they are learning new things now days then what we did as children, things are being taught about life and experiences and history of course. Age is irrelevant in anything really unless it's going to harm them physically or mentally, however parents should also be watching over their children on the internet and maybe they would provide their own experiences and advice to that person running the website if they are underage.

Big al likes this.