Do you use the "What's New" Feature at Forums

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by Marc, Jan 14, 2012.

1. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I rarely use the what's new feature any more of forums as most forums have the recent threads or posts on a sidebar which I like much more.

2. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Website Consultant, Developer and Strategist

As a regular member, that I mostly have been on forums, I have never used the "whats new" link. That somehow does not suite me and I do feel comfortable treading my path by manually visiting each section. That does help in many ways as I can always find a discussion even if it was posted before the last time I logged in.

As a moderator (I had been for a few months way back) yes, this feature is handy at times when you dont have lots of time available for that particular moment and still need to have a quick view on what has been going on on the discussions front.

3. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

I do, but only for sites I visit on a regular basis. I'm not really interested in seeing what posts have been made since my last visit unless it's a site I frequent.

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Regular Member

Yeah I usually use it quite a lot. On some forums I use the subscriptions feature more to see new content in threads I've posted in, but if it's a forum I don't post in much then I use the New Posts function.

5. jyri

jyri Regular Member

I also use this feature extensively. I actually refused to participate in a few forums that did not have it. It makes my life much easier, and if a forum doesn't have it I may choose to use a similar one.