Do you use tables when making a website?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by NBK*Twitch, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Glcameron

Glcameron The Social Media Guru You Go To

It really depends on the information I'm presenting. Tables are great when your offering a comparison option for a variable number of companies with sortable options that will allow the visitor to distinguish the best option based on their search preferences. I don't think they are a great idea if your just putting a table together to input useless information. I can see a table for over 500 affiliates but I don't' see the need for a table if your doing anything with less than 50 items. Visually I'm still intrigued with the organization created by a table but I know it's gotten to the point where viewers want more than just a collection of brief information, they want to know as much as they can. So ... I guess that was the long way of saying I like tables.

2. Yanz

Yanz Regular Member

I agree Glcameron.

I use tables for presenting certain things, but never ever for design purposes. One thing I cannot stand is visiting a site and having it absolutely overflowing with tables.

3. andyred

andyred Regular Member

For Dynamic Sites with CSS I don't, but for a Single Page made of HTML then I use Tables to space things out if needed and create a layout.