Do you prefer vB 3 or IPB 3?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by Chakra, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Chakra

Chakra Newcomer

First Name:
    Nick
    I currently have a vBulletin 3.8.5 forum running and absolutely dread vB 4. Do you prefer vB 3 or IPB 3?

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'm pretty sure this has been asked, but I like the 3.8 series of vBulletin just fine.
    I like IPB but they don't have vBSEO or anything that does everything vBSEO does, and that's what drove me back to vBulletin.

3. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Since we have a vb3.8 forum that is working great, and have yet to transition to ipb 3.1, I would have to say vb3.8 at the moment. We own both licenses.

But we cannot stay on vb3.8 forever because we want to do more than it will do. vb4 is not an option. Hence trying to use ipb 3.1.

4. Chakra

Chakra Newcomer

First Name:
    Nick
    Might I ask what you want that vB3 may not offer?

5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Better ways of certain types of communication & data storage. My hope is that IP.Content will be useful, but I'm having much trouble getting tech help to get the project started. There are other 'cool' IP products as well, but I need to get tech help to make some changes to the products to make them more friendly to vb3.8 users.

Some things are not obvious.

6. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    Man, I have recently started to transition all my forums to IPB. It is very nice, but I struggled. So used to vB, but I am finally getting the hang of IPB.