Do you join a lot of forums?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cpvr, May 12, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I know if I see a good forum being passed around, I join it, to help them with content, and then I leave it if the community isn't that good. I also join forums when I'm doing post exchanges.

So, do you join a lot of forums?

2. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

I join and then leave if content is not filled in, but same happened to AdminBB when it opened, I stayed active because I owed him a lot, he helped me with MyBB coding :}

3. Spankz

Spankz Banned

I join a lot of forums and post about 20-50 posts to help them out then usually go inactive and visit it in a month or so to post some more.

4. Trombones13

Trombones13 Regular Member

I join a lot--even more recently due to being active on Postloop. If I like the forum, I end up staying active despite its activity (such as this one). Things that help me stay active include other users'/staff members' activity, site attitudes, etc.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I do join alot of forums, but I am active on only a few... and the ones I am not active on I check them from time to time.

6. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

I'm pretty sure I'm registered to about a thousand forums. I wish I could have counted them all! Man I also wish I could tally up all the posts I made in my lifetime. That would be PLENTY! I usually register on 2 forums daily.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

LOL I am probably one 2,000 or more as I have been foruming since 9 years old. I am only active on like 4 or 5 including AdminBB.

8. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Regular Member

Well, I don't usually. It has to be a really good forum, or I needed something off the site, or I don't join. Lately I've been joining tons of forums for other reasons, but I usually stick with 5 or 6 on my daily web commute.

Kaiser likes this.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, 5 forums is usally enough for me, I dont see how someone can be active on 20+ forums..

10. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Regular Member

Only if they have a lot of time on their hands :P I think I've met a couple people who have achieved that.

11. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

Same here lucas. I know one person who does it. I'm active on 2 of the forums I'm registered at. On the other 3 forums I make 1 post daily.

12. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    I don't tend to join a lot of forums, only if the content looks promising, but due to time constraints, I may not always be active on them.

13. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

How many forums do you join a week?

14. Panik

Panik Regular Member

I normally don't join a mass amount of forums but I have joined a fair few that interest me. If the forum is really good and eye catching then I'll join and help out and post around and such.

15. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

That's all i tend to visit on a daily basis, and whichever forums seem to send out a newsletter, and reminding me that I have an account there. I think its best to spread your knowledge out on a lot of forums, thus building up your name, as a person, and as someone who loves to help out.

Kaiser likes this.
  16. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea thats always a good thing to do, but its very time consuming.

17. Jack

Jack Regular Member

I join quite a few yeah but am only active on a small portion of them.

18. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

When I first started foruming, I always joined any forum that looked like it might be promising or looks like it might have the potential to succeed. Now days, I'm only active on probably five sites, mostly due to real world schedules and health problems, and in any event, it seems like most forums like to copy the other guy, so in a way it's just not worth it trying to join new sites anymore. Sure, if a site I really liked suddenly close it's doors for whatever reason, then I may find another decent site to post on instead of that, but other than that, I don't really join too many new forums anymore.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Ho many is that?
    When I was new to foruming I joined so many forums as well but that was when I was 9. I too don't join forums and contribute to them unless I think it will be around.

20. Jack

Jack Regular Member

I know you're only trying to encourage discussion, but I don't keep count :P