Do you have any local advertisers

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by businessgal, Aug 9, 2012.

1. businessgal

businessgal Regular Member

I have heard of some people who have a localized niche. As such they are able to have advertisers on thier website from businesses in their area. Does anyone have this and how well does it work?

2. maksim

maksim Regular Member

Yes.

It is all about target marketing... for instance... look at this forum...

http://www.flaglerchat.com/forum/

It is a forum for people in that county... if I am a business and I want to advertise... I would love to target local people.

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I don't, my forum's in a niche which isn't particularly popular in my home country compared to elsewhere.

4. BlckBrd103

BlckBrd103 Regular Member

I can say it works pretty sweet. My brother is a founder of a GTO club, it happens that he's a webmaster as well, his forum has about 9 sponsors by local organizations which are paying off nothing more than his hosting which is around $150 a month.

5. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Yup, when I had the auto network I ran a ton of local sites. We always had vendors (and spammers). At the peak the network had about 300+ advertisers in the 468x60 entry level banner setup. I would say about 1/3rd were vendors who we would consider local to the audience.

There is a downside with dealing with local shops IMO. Traveling to get paid to get stood up because they forgot. I hated that and by 2010 i refused to bring on vendors unless they did paypal subscription. The reality is I didn't want to deal with the auto shops.

If you generate good income from say from Adsense, save yourself the hassle of dealing with local shops unless of course they pay via CPM. ALWAYS get prepaid.. ALWAYS if you deal with a local shop.