Do you dislike or have a grudge against a member?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Soliloquy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Have you ever had a member that rubbed you the wrong way, though the rest of the forum seemed to be just fine with him and he wasn't breaking any rules? How did you handle it?

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

While I've never held a grudge against another member, I have indeed become frustrated with a select few over the years as an administrator. As impossible as it may sound, it's crucial to leave all forum-related arguments and/or situations on the web - what happens on the forum remains on the forum.

If a member that I personally did not care for were to be viewed by the community as "reputable", I'd have no problem with this - different strokes.

3. John

John Regular Member

I have never had any grudge with anyone but I have been annoyed with an member before and I was really annoyed with him but I didn't do nothing since he didn't do anything wrong.

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Umm, well to be honest, members come at me every day, so I dislike a lot of members who keep with the same 'jodienda' every damn day.

5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Not really, but if he was aggravating enough for me to notice at all I know the other members would also be bothered, but not say anything.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Not really, no. But I have (and do) hold a grudge of another member on another forum and there's nothing I can do. From what I understand, everybody dislikes this person. If I was the administrator, I have no idea what I would do, as they don't break any rules but they are very annoying.

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Most people seem to like him, although it may be a case of them trying to make friends with him as he's a somewhat big name in his field. A couple of people have told me privately that he annoys them too, but I can't do anything about that.

8. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Ditto on that. A forum I've been a member of for 6 years now has an incredibly annoying teenager who thinks he's the next president. It gets really annoying after a while. Pretty much everyone hates him. I don't hate him, I just find him to be an annoying fly I can squash. :(

9. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Yep, that about describes it. :P

10. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Regular Member

As in the real world, I don't like everyone in the ether either. It's true on my forum too. I am an administrator and personal feelings should not get in the way of operating a forum. I struggle with it occasionally and I know I have the power to be unfair at my fingertips, but I resist the urge. I even have chosen staff members I'm not particularly fond of, but they are very good in their field of expertise and seem to be very good at their work on the forum. It is possible to have mutual respect while also having personal differences.

Jim

11. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

It must be pretty bad if Nick has an issue with someone.

As for me, I only have an issue with an Admin on another forum...I've even made his Miserable user list. And from my understand I'm the only one either. This guy bans people all the time if the person doesn't share his views. I'm amazed anyone uses the forum at all.

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

:giggle:
    It's because I have very little patience, and I'm not always as pleasant as I appear to be... although I do try. :D

13. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

I dont hold grudges, forums are really not that important - but their are a few members that I would not shed a tear if they left.

14. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    An annoying fly I can't squash, but yeah, I can completely relate. :(

15. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

I've been tricked :doh: lol

16. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Just a few days ago I basically told the staff I felt I couldn't be impartial when it came to a certain member and said they'd have to be in charge of handling him. That's the first time I've had to say that about a member, but I'd pick up the slack if they had a personal problem with someone and had the honestly to admit it.

17. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    I just avoid the confrontation typically.

18. Smokey

Smokey Regular Member

First Name:
    Anthony
    I usually don't try to hold grudges but I have a few people who dislike me on other forums, I don't go to these forums anymore by my own choosing since I dislike the admins who run said forums but anyone on my forum, I don't have any grudges with.

19. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    there are some people who i really dislike on my forums, but i keep that out of my admin duties.

i dont know why i dont like them much, i think part of one is how she is so close to my rival. and the other, i just got the feeling she didnt like me