Do you check your Alexa ranking?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Demo, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Demo

Demo Regular Member

First Name:
    Demo
    On Alexa Internet - Website Information, you can check your "Alexa-ranking"

Several statistics are checked. Pageviews, reach, bounce, time on site, searches, related links, keywords, clickstream and demographics. Although not accurate, do you check your Alexa ranking?

I don't value it, but once in a while I check my progression according to Alexa ^^"

2. John

John Regular Member

I have never checked my alexa rank. Haven't really cared about alexa ranking either.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Not often, I'm afraid Alexa's rankings never made much sense to me. I would check if I planned on selling the site, and I'd add that information to the sale ad, though.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Since my site isn't in the top 100,000, it doesn't tell me much. :(

Although, it is telling me that my site's 3-month reach rate is up 290% and that my pageviews are up 910% and my bounce rate is down 30%, so I guess that's good. :lol:

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hmm, I just checked out this blog: 20 Quick Ways to Increase Your Alexa Rank

And I found this interesting:
    Since my site's audience is the total opposite of that of a webmaster-related site, I presume that hardly any of my users have the Alexa toolbar installed, which means my site doesn't get a lot of "Alexa attention". So I find it to be very unreliable unless your website is tech-related.

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I do frequent Alexa, actually. Not only for just my site but to compare a handful of similar sites. It can sometimes be amusing to see where you stand with your competition or if it shows the sudden spike in activity you may have had. Other than that, it's not that important to me.

7. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I think Alexa is an interesting tool although I don't place any real emphasis on it. From time to time, I'll pop in my sites to see how where they rank versus similar sites and one another. Since I don't run a top site, doesn't do me much good when I can go to Analystics and get more detailed information.

8. GCSkye

GCSkye Novice

First Name:
    GCSkye
    Before my site went down we were 23k. Use to check it daily. Now im in the 200k and kinda just stop caring.

9. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I have to say, Alexa is a scam. Not only it's led by people who use that annoying toolbar, but from what I just said, it's an annoying toolbar, not many people will have it. So not only the results are limited to those who do use the toolbar, but totally LAME. =\ No, I do not check the Alexa rank, I do not want to nor feel the need to. Alexa is just, bleh.

10. doodles

doodles Adept

First Name:
    Lisa
    I Have in the bottom of firefox along with google and mozrank whatever that is.

im pleased to say our site is now in the 1 million instead of 8 million when we started;)

11. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I check it, but only one or twice a month.

12. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Nope. I consider Alexa worthless and a waste of time. It is only valuable if your site is trafficked by Asian Webmasters. I don't even know anyone that has the toolbar installed anymore for tracking purposes.

13. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I for one, don't have the toolbar.

14. kev

kev Regular Member

Alexa is spyware. Every time you mention the name, ask a question or post a link - your promoting spyware.

So next time your computer gets infected with spyware / adware, do not complain because your promoting it.

15. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I, too, consider Alexa to be a bit worthless and, because of this, I do not feel the need to check my ranking.