Disabling Guests from viewing forums Against SEO

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Madi, May 3, 2010.

1. Madi

Madi Regular Member

Hello guys,

I just want to know if I obliged guests to not see the forums till they register. Will this affect the SPIDERS Crawling my website and affects the Indexed Page Number?

Just wondering !

2. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I've no idea how it affects page rank, but there are some things that I really don't want to be indexed on my forum. So a couple for forums are hidden.

You probably have a moderator / staff forum, right?

3. kev

kev Regular Member

If the search engines can not index your site, how are they supposed to rank your site?

From what I see, the forums that do not allow guest to see post, usually do not rank very well in the search engines. A couple of forums that I know of, I never see them in a search result.

4. AbaDe

AbaDe Newcomer

First Name:
    ADnath
    The Best thing to do in my regard is if you are holding :-

A adult site like me , hide the links of the Posts

if u hold an oline community site :- try to show the first 2 - 3 posts of each thread in that way ur thread gets listed with the search engine

Always remember google is ur friend , search engine alone bring the most of ur visitors. If you hide your content from them , u will never get indexed by them,and u will never get a page rank in ur life :) but i do not really care about page rank

5. madison

madison Newcomer