Development stopped until the trial is over?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by lord_stone, Sep 19, 2012.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I've read conflicting things said about that one. Some say it was included in their leaving contract not to develop anything for the first year, and that they signed it taking extra money. While others claim it wasn't included at all, so hard to know if it was or wasn't? But if it was though, that's the biggest downfall for XF in this court-case, because they very obviously did work on XenForo that first year developing it, they must have to release it 12 months later "more or less to the day". Obviously, they didn't develop it after 12 months.

Some people say that cannot be used against XenForo anyway (fair competition or something), even if included in leaving contract. But I disagree with that, especially if they took extra money, agreeing they'd not develop another competing forum product for 12 months that KAM put signature on. That would be a legal binding document they agreed too, then broke it. You can't quote "fair trade" in that instance, that went out the window the minute they agreed and signed not to do it, that's if they did of course?

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

I think it will be clearly shown that they broke the NDA. Now, maybe some legal maneuvering can be done to make the NDA unenforcable, but it will still show KAM as deceptive and affect their credibility in regard to other aspects of the case.

Beyond that, those who think this last motion win is a good thing, may very well be wrong because all it did was give IB another issue to appeal with. I doubt IB loses every issue, and will probably appeal anything they lose. That means more time, and more attorney's fees for XF. Appeals arent cheap, and if they lose the appeal, they go back to square 1 and start the trial over.

Anyone who thinks XF will survive this is likely to be dissappointed.

3 people like this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Um wait... the Mark B. y'all are talking about, is that the person who has for years been dubbed "Drama Queen"? :eek:

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well, I don't know if you've read this posted today by Kier on XenForo, just read it myself? Now what do you make of this one, that's out the blue? I guess others will be quick to jump on it, because he says "we would consider developing" and "for a future version".

There's only one Mark.B we all know. Yes, same person.

5. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I think it is pretty clear that this trial has already killed the project. Unless Kier puts his ego aside and finds himself another coder as good as Mike then xenforo will remain as it is now. Dead as a doornail.

2 people like this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Afraid I have to agree with Joey and Bob on this. :rolleyes:

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I'm wondering why Kier "now of all time". Made that post saying developing is going to continue on with a future release, and mentioning "WE" as developers (more than one). People have been asking for him to say something like that for 9 months, us seeing SmackLan leave because KAM wouldn't confirm anything more proper for him to go off. And now all of a sudden, nobody asks anything and he comes out with a bold statement like that.

Is it just me? Or do you get a feeling it's more games from him, more than a bit timely saying that with Christmas around the corner and extra sales wouldn't go amiss right now at the start of December. He's very careful not to mention Mike's name in the (WE) part I noticed as well, and pretty obvious he worded that reply to "hint drop" two things on purpose. But the funny thing is, since nobody (bar one or two) have jumped on what he said. Which doesn't say much for XenForo these days!

As before going back 5 or 6 months, you'd have had the whole forum jumping on that one wetting themselves. But not anymore, it looks like people that's left their have all wised up to me? It's exactly this type of thing that's annoyed me about KAM. They've had customers screaming for something proper to be said for many months and being ignored, and now all of sudden Kier comes out with this at a time nobody is even bothering asking out.

2 people like this.
  8. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I just read the thread and I am surprised how no one with the exception of a couple people didn't pee all over themselves after that post. I'm with you Gary. Either they don't care or they left. Probably a combination of the 2.

2 people like this.
  9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I was very surprised at not seeing a big fuss started over that post made by Kier, and think he expected as much would happen I'm betting with it. Extremely surprised in fact, not what I'd have expected, and that post has gone pretty much overlooked since. And that says a lot really, just how much things have changed their now. All I see is mod creators trying to make what money they can out the site, but didn't realize things had got that bad.

But also noticed other day with that court trial date, the same thing and hardly anyone mentioned it on the day, why I thought it was the day after. Only a handful of people posted about at most on the day. Looks to me like things have gone really downhill, much more than I thought.

2 people like this.
  10. Brogan

Brogan Regular Member

I had to laugh at R_A having another dig at me: community/threads/california-case-update.10037/page-267#post-448159

Deluded idiot.

Add the domain URL manually - I still can't post URLs on this forum "as a spam prevention measure".

11. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I know which post you mean, I read it yesterday, but then also read the reply after it to him with a person saying "they'll believe it, when they see it" and thread was locked again. And bar that one person bringing it up, that was it really.

When you think Kier posted what people have been asking to hear for 8 months now, then to see it get overlooked like it has. Well, what can you say to that one? Although, I did notice he said "WE", he wouldn't mention Mike Sullivan by name.

12. bucket

bucket Addict

that was a bit odd. the quoted sentence he was referring to had the words:

If
    genuine
    sufficiently large
    consider adding
    list of things
    consider developing
    future version

There is certainly nothing definite, and no commitment to anything in that quoted post. nothing.

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Yeah, I see your point

In short, nothing definite. Another typical well worded post.

14. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    You can now.

15. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Dont be afraid.... Bob and I are not to be feared.... :)

2 people like this.
  16. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Always the smart ass. :unhunh:

2 people like this.
  17. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I wasn't spamming, and I don't often spam. I'm not a spammer, so stop trying to brand me as such.
    Uh huh. :console:

18. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

19. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I read it, well at least people now know it will.

20. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

If they're smart, they'll adopt a "wait 'n' see" attitude.