Development stopped until the trial is over?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by lord_stone, Sep 19, 2012.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Jesus Carlos, you a reformed character now or what? How comes you didn't add 20 spam back-links in your post above, like you normally would do?

You only have 2 listed in your signature, that can't be right!. :unhunh:

2 people like this.
  2. David

David Regular Member

I think the IPB prevents that from happening.

3. BullsNet

BullsNet Regular Member

First Name:
    Gabe
    lol.

But yeah David is right. I think this is a function in the software that prevents that(or a modification).

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

John (SmackLAN) has closed shop on XenStyles.com.
    Looks like he'll be designing for IPB again.

5. David

David Regular Member

Kinda surprised he's switching over to IP.Board where everyone sells skins for like $6. Good luck to him though and hopefully it goes good!

Looks like the community itself isn't far behind. The place seems pretty quiet over there now.

6. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I think more people are getting the picture.

7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I for one am happy to see John back at IPB skinning. He had the best designs and paid attention to detail when creating a skin. I can't wait to see what he comes up with after the xenforo skins are converted.

2 people like this.
  8. John

John Regular Member

Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence Bob! I have to admit, although I'll miss styling XF, I am relieved to have the uncertainty behind me and the knowledge I'll be working with a thriving platform again. I've also posted a thread at my new site about a discount offer I'm extending to my old xenstyles customers. :)

2 people like this.
  9. BullsNet

BullsNet Regular Member

First Name:
    Gabe
    Ooh...early Christmas gift for me :D I am excited to see what creativity you can bring!
    There is one style of yours(i think it is from xenstyles) that i'd love to see on IPS especially.

10. David

David Regular Member

Odd there hasn't been an update about todays trial yet.

11. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

IM thinking a settlement is happening, or XF lost huge.

12. John

John Regular Member

Or it could be that nothing is showing up electronically on Pacer yet. Either way, it seems that neither side has all that much of an advantage at this point...that the judge wants a jury to decide it. Just my opinion. :)

13. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I would bet settlement talks are underway and the judge wants an agreement. I doubt he wants a trial.

14. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

hmm...

15. David

David Regular Member

Looks like it, new documents are up it looks like and not surprising that the IB motion was denied.

16. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

What makes you believe in IB still AWS ?
    They are desperate to hire dudes like Mark :) who only chanted in their favour and doesn't posses any technical skills to hold a position like that.
    They will loose the case ... It may end in January or a year later , but in the end IB will loose the case they have against Xenforo and other parties for sure.

17. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I nearly fell out my chair laughing and swallowed a full cup of coffee (a big mug), when seeing Mark.B carrying staff position on vBulletin. Although, I do hear he's only a part-time wannabe.

As for the court-case, and hate to say this. Because I really do dislike the way KAM have ignored customers all this time, and why I sold my XF licence on before because of it. They don't deserve to have any customers left in my book! But can see them winning this in January, 2013. It does look as though Internet Brands have nothing much after all, they've also run out of delay tactic ideas and are not being worn "in keep trying it on" by the courts either. Matt Mecham and David was their last straw at delaying things, after Matt played his "ace card" to try and suit IPB sales (helping take XenForo out). But that's been rejected, and pretty much for time wasting reasons. Things are still up in the air which way it might go of course, nothing is looking clear cut, still looks 50/50 overall to me, plus you never know how a judge will view things? But think things are slightly swinging more in XenForo's favour for a win.

But even if they do win the court trial, does that mean things will go back to normal again at XenForo? Hmm, just can't see that one happening myself, think they want a win or a settlement before finally wrapping things up their to clear all court-case debts. That's how things look to me anyway, this is now more about getting themselves out of debt, than XenForo continuing on.

18. GTB

GTB Regular Member

No, I doubt Kier (KAM) want it to go to trial as well. Simply because, they can of course "still lose". A mega huge financial gamble for KAM going to trial, so ideally I'm betting they hope IB will offer a last minute settlement suiting them to snatch up. IB taking over XenForo leaving them in the clear with no court costs remaining to pay, or whatever. A settlement can happen a matter of days before the trial date arrives, so that can't be ruled out yet. But people on XenForo appear to be ruling it out completely. They shouldn't, as it's probably the most likely thing to happen next between now and Jan 15th, 2013.

19. Terry

Terry Regular Member

Yeah adding Mark.B as staff is comical, but this is just par for vB at the moment, as an outsider looking in it is clear to see that the place is beginning to clear out its drawers.

Should XF win the case i believe sales will soar, i and many others will not invest until !00% certain the investments we make are secure for the long term. I don't want any of this percentage going towards the coffers of IB, they will not get another penny off me direct, so i am protecting the chance of any of my money going to them indirectly.

20. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Mert, I am not for IB. I don't like IB any more than I like I xenforo which is not much at all. I have no stake in the race and no matter who is right or wrong doesn't matter to me. I am for fair competition and hope that xenforo is telling the truth. In the end if they come out on top it will better for everyone no matter what software they use.

I really don't care about the case other than the amusement I get from reading the drivel and nonsense posted in the various threads about it at xenforo. The thing that gets me is these wannabee lawyers think they know it all and anyone that says IB doesn't have a case should think again. While frivolous lawsuits are filed every day if there is no merit to the claims, unlike what the wannabees and clueless think, they don't make it very far. If the claims made by IB had no basis in fact this case would have already been thrown out. Right after the expert witness had his deposition saying there is no vbulletin code in xenforo. Then we all knew this anyway.

The basis of this lawsuit is about stolen ideas and if an NDA was broken. I myself think that Kier just might have used an idea or 2 from the original vbulletin 4 plans in xenforo. If that is the what happened then xenforo is done. As far as breaking the NDA I also think that it was broken and Mike and Kier did work on xenforo before the year was over. Again xen is done if that is proven.