Dedicated Server - Packages Available

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by Chris, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

YES it has!

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the dedicated servers on my current host. Never had before cuz never thought I could ever afford a dedicated server.

This is an excellent deal compared to this - KnownHost

2. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I need to leave some feedback for Chris.

I purchased the second dedicated server package.

Chris moved my sites over from my previous host last night. The entire thing went so smoothly, it's just incredible to me. I had so many questions, had I been in his position, I would have throttled me. But he was so patient, answered every question, made sure that my sites were propagating correctly, provided info and insight to this tech ignoramus (hey I'm not a techie, I'm a designer!), and generally held my hand through it all.

My sites are up and running this morning, all propagated, and ready to go!

Chris is a true professional, and an all-around good person. Of course the latter I already knew, since he's my kawfee bud. :D

THANK YOU Chris, for everything.

.​

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Thank you, Peggy. ;) It's my absolute pleasure.

This entire process was seamless due to the constant communication between the two of us during the migration and your assistance in providing me with the pertinent information. If sending you a coffee virtually were possible, I'd do so!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Chalk up another successful migration by Mr Chris Martin! :D

Not only is Peggy right on the money about Chris' professionalism and patience, but he is someone that is very thorough and will not give up until the job is done and his client is satisfied!

Thank you Chris for your assistance and ongoing support!

2 people like this.
  5. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Howdy Neighbor (Arny)! I'm very glad to be sharing a server with you. :D

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Thank you! :D

You were equally as fantastic to collaborate and communicate with, and it's my pleasure to assist you with this process. I'm looking forward to working closely with you in the coming months and am thrilled to see that things are up and running!

7. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

This statement explains some of your other thread topics, sadly I just found this post. Question: did you actually go live on the new server or is the old hosting account still active?

8. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Well howdy there Miss Peggy! :thumbup:

Glad to be in the neighborhood ;)

You really went above and beyond to help with the issues I was having and I really appreciated it Chris! :D

We're live on the new server and I'm cancelling my old hosting account. Is there a particular reason why you ask?

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Because for some odd reason your site might still be calling your images from the old server? But I would think that this would be finished by now.

10. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I was curious if your site was down while you were working out some of the issues you had posted about, or if it was live on the old account.

I've been thinking through the steps to change hosts and I thought if we were to move hosts it would be better to take our time setting up a new account with a fairly current copy of the database. Then when everything was set up, transfer the latest database and switch.

I'm a newbie to all of this.

11. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Sorry to bump this, but thought it would be helpful to you/others.

There are various ways to do it, but that is generally correct.

Typically, the new host will provide access via temp URL. Sometimes you need to modify for your host file on your local machine (IIRC that filename).

Thus, you get a copy of your db and the full file structure. Upload that baby, test it via the temp url. Check around and everything.

Then when time comes to flip the switch:

1. Just turn previous site to maintenance mode or have some page on it. Don't kill the account yet.

2. Turn on the new site by changing the nameservers. Make it live.

3. Wait about a week or 2 maybe. Give yourself time b/c propagation is not the same for everyone around the world. You can test yourself with various methods, home internet, work internet, cell phone, etc. They all have their records updated differently.

If I've said anything incorrect, then please do identify it and I'll correct.

Edit: I wanted to note that Chris nabbed 2 ladies for the 2 accounts. The feedback was priceless. kudos man and ladies!!