Dear vBulletin Forum Community - vBSEO is Suspending Operations

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by ILIA-VBSEO, Jul 12, 2013.

1. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

Incorrect. Quarterly filings have everyone who holds an interest in the corporation listed, their shares by number, type, value, and the gross and net revenue, taxes, insurance, and other information.

I've been trying for over 300 posts in this thread to get someone to prove to me you have a valid case beyond just saying you have some form of ownership stake. I could claim to be Jesus. That doesn't make it so.

djbaxter and Mary Jay like this.
  2. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Under no circumstances a company could continue to operate without filing these reports?

Your legal opinion covers the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and all laws are the same as those you are familiar with in Florida?

Is it possible to fraudulently file information in quarterly reports?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. ProSportsForums

"Under no circumstances" is an absolute, so I wouldn't make that statement.
    In the normal course of business, however, the Department Of Revenue is a federal agency, the Secretary Of State is, of course, a State agency, and the division of corporations is both. They all want their taxes and their unemployment insurance. So long as a corporation is registered as a corporation in good standing it receives certain protections not afforded to sole proprietorships. When a corporation is no longer in good standing its officers and agents become personally responsible for any debt the corporation may have incurred. Their personal assets are at risk should the federal or state government attach a lien, or should consumers file a valid class action lawsuit.
    A corporation not in good standing cannot file bankruptcy. The officers and agents can individually file but should they do that they cannot claim corporate assets as personal assets to shield them from attachment.

This is a complicated legal issue, and not one easily discussed in a message board forum in a matter of a few posts.
    My first advice to Ilya was to speak with qualified legal counsel for that reason.
    What you're receiving here is general legal information.
    The statute of limitations for oral contracts is three years.
    The statute of limitations for written contracts is five years.
    The statute of limitations for claims arising from negligence is two years.
    If what Ilya stated regarding being detached from Crawlability for four years is accurate, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, then without a written contract you're out of statute on all other claims.

4. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

This is precisely why I've been insisting that the matter cannot be dismissed so definitively without drilling down into the details.

I thank you for taking the time to provide more detailed legal information. I do appreciate that a great deal.

The matter goes into much greater detail than even has been disclosed here. Juan is not denying her ownership behind the scenes. As of just a few months ago, he was attempting to get her approval for an acquisition via a lawyer.

5. ProSportsForums

Caveat emptor.

6. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Ha, ha. I wish we could replace the current "Buy" button with that message! :)

7. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Really ? How is that exactly ?
    You seem to have a huge amount of time to post responses to everyone else.

8. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Paul - go to vbseo.com and scroll through his post history. Surely you know how to spot a troll.

9. Miyuki

Miyuki Regular Member

That is what it is.

djbaxter likes this.
  10. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Sell the vBSEO brand. Refocus Crawlabilty to do something they're passionate about. Like developing for xenForo. Then you get your money back, restore faith in Crawlability, retain customers, and then some more. There are a lot of people asking for crawlability to move to xenForo. But you guys have been ignoring the signs since it was known. The first thing out of my mouth is: "Where are you guys? This is a market you guys should be banking on." xenForo is rising in popularity and you guys have a lot of opportunities available to you.

That's not a joke. If I were the C.E.O. of Crawlablity, xenSEO would be a reality 6 months before the lawsuit ended. A year, even.

11. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Hi Carlos, nobody at vBSEO has been active with any significant development on it for years. Juan has been focused on other projects.

In the beginning, we did plan to see if we could go after other platforms. We could never come to a consensus on that as a team, and distracting projects actually began very early in the company life to rob away from our 100% focus.

Is xenForo that bad in the SEO aspect? I haven't analyzed it. But I can tell you that if I could pick a forum team that I thought would be the most responsible to SEO development (if the customer demand is there), it would probably be xenForo.

Right now the software is no longer for sale, but we've yet to hear any statement published by the current CEO, and no behind the scenes responses to communication attempts. It's hard to believe the company can even continue, let alone hit new markets at this point. :(

12. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I know, I was a customer. :) I have been keeping up with what's going on. I'm up to speed.
    Understandable.
    It's not bad per-se, but it would greatly beneficial if vBSEO was on-board. I loved what vBSEO did for vB3 [and to a lower extent vB4] and I would have loved to see a xenSEO, like many of your customers who converted from vB3 + vBSEO/vB4 + vBSEO to xenforo.
    When I said "sell" the vBSEO brand, I meant - let another company take it off of Crawlability.

It's beneficial to Crawlability if they want to survive, and let go a project that isn't working anymore.

Brandon likes this.
  13. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

I have been using xenForo for well over a year now and have only discovered one glaring SEO flaw that was fixed in the next point release. xenForo is great out of the box.

14. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. :D

15. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Has anyone done any work on 3rd party stuff for xenForo SEO already?

16. el canadiano

el canadiano Regular Member

Apart from a few guys who are making sitemaps, nothing really.

IMO XenForo does the job with SEO.

17. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

Does it have good link consensus? Or does it make multiple pathways to the same content ever?

18. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Some. I've seen a few of them. But they're small time folks that don't have the same expertise or clout Crawlablity (ahem, vBSEO) does.

19. Mike Fara

Mike Fara Regular Member

I have read a lot of wild claims on here, that VBSEO is an insolvent and useless product. While I understand the concerns that have been raised by the alleged co-owner here, I also do not understand the strange assertions that have been made such as:

VBSEO is an insolvent and currently useless product, apparently lacking any needed features in today's search engine world.

This is not true, as a vast number of websites are still using vBulletin 4 and the methods used by IB for vBulletin SEO are different and, perhaps so, not as methodical as the feature-set in VBSEO that still exists today. My concern would be with the blatant lack of support and apparent datastore injection security vulnerability currently present in VBSEO, and possibly even vBulletin 4, going unpatched, unsupported, or unrecognized.

vBulletin Losing Battle After Acquisition by Internet Brands?

While vBulletin has plenty of unresolved issues, what people have recognized, however, is that vBulletin, itself, is losing market relevancy for large sites. This does not come as a surprise, with the continued development of XenForo and the release of vBulletin 5, which does not even have feature parity with its predecessor. This has left forum administrators of mid-to-large forums waning, and unsure of what to do next, primarily because of vBulletin 4's extensive product and plugin and style system, which is supported neither by XenForo or vBulletin 5 at all. This was used for true customization of the user experience.

The issue at hand, is that when you have a successful site, how do you migrate it to a new system without losing what you have built.

All systems break down over time. Remember this.

djbaxter and Brandon like this.
  20. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

Out of the box the default options try to prevent multiple links that point to the same content page. Below are some links to topics over at XF that may be of interest but for the most part the guys have been trying to take SEO into account from Day 1 of the core product release. Microdata is also used in the XF Resource Manager add-on.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/html-5-microdata-in-breadcrumb.12347/
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/semantic-html.892/

There is room for improvement, such as being able to generate sitemaps and providing pingbacks & the such, but there has been no indication if that kind of stuff is on a future roadmap or if the door is being left open for a 3rd party.

Joe Ward likes this.