Dear vBulletin Forum Community - vBSEO is Suspending Operations

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by ILIA-VBSEO, Jul 12, 2013.

1. ILIA-VBSEO

ILIA-VBSEO Regular Member

I appreciate your feedback, but I am the owner. I don't need to acquire my own company.

Likewise, the $100k was presented by the owner and given a 7-day deadline to accept. When I asked to see the financial documents, he refused to provide them and ceased communicating again (through the lawyer).

2. ILIA-VBSEO

Negotiations started late 2012 and continued up until my last communication with him (lawyer in communication with Juan) on May 17th, 2013 when he apologized and stated that he was embarrassed that he was not able to get any further.

Juan needed my approval to sell the company, but refused to share any financial documents, etc.

3. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

Why would the other owner need your approval if there is no documentation to prove that your the co-owner?

4. ILIA-VBSEO

Great question. Why, indeed.

There is lots of documentation in all kinds of formats.

Now I would love for you to pose that question to my co-owner and request that he explain his position. Then everyone will be even more enlightened.

5. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

Perhaps there really is no documentation and you made up this whole story that he requested approval from you. Where is his request for approval to sell the company? I could ask the question to explain his position, but this question should be answered first so we know that he actually asked you for your approval.

6. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

It is non of anyone's business expect Ilia and Juan.

It is a shame this thread exists in first place...

Briansol, John, IcEWoLF and 2 others like this.
  7. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

Perhaps there really is no documentation and you made up this whole story that he requested approval from you. Where is his request for approval to sell the company? I could ask the question to explain his position, but this question should be answered first so we know that he actually asked you for your approval.

8. ILIA-VBSEO

Mert, it's hard for me to know where to begin with you. You did a lot of hard work for vBSEO, but I'm very disappointed in you.

I'll try to believe that you have been given a lot of misinformation. I just wish that you had not jumped in here. You are wrong, and now, unfortunately, I'm going to have to show you why.

I do believe that you have genuine best wishes for me and the girls, as I do for you and your family.

You have obviously never known the whole story, only what Juan has told you in his excuses.

The key thing that people must know, since you have made false allegations here today, is that you have said completely the opposite in the past.

I know that you consider Juan your friend despite your many complaints with him. Don't let that cause you to abandon your integrity. I'm attaching a screenshot of what you said in the vBSEO staff forums after we were no longer with the company as team members.

If you are bitter about your inability to acquire vBSEO with Brian, as he complained about earlier in this thread, then I understand where your anger comes from.

However, you need to realize that I was never aware of it. If the deal didn't happen, it was because Juan never proposed it to me. I never heard tell of any such thing.

While today you blame Joe for everything, in the past you reached out to him to complain about Juan. And directly to Juan you explicitly stated exactly how you felt his own behavior was leading to vBSEO "going down" or being "in chaos".

So I'll let your own words do the talking. It's very difficult to explain away your own words. In that regard, you and Juan have both made very similar mistakes.

ai.imgur.com_Cy5VHtD.png

9. ILIA-VBSEO

It's also the business of the customers that have been abandoned.

10. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

11. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

It is same thing all over again . I am really sad for you Ilia. Good luck in that greedy life...

Additionally i give no value to any of you guys do or say so you being disappointed with me means nothing to me.

I am out of this thread and suggest everyone to do so. No need to loose my time on a dead project and greedy people...

ragtek likes this.
  12. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

I don't really care if Ilia is right or wrong or any of this drama with Mert, Andres, Briansol and whoever else wants to be part of the vBSEO soap opera.

I just want to hear from Juan.

djbaxter likes this.
  13. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

Juan, did you request Ilia's approval to sell the company? I suppose you don't have to respond if you no longer have any desire to sell the company. If you do, please respond.

14. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

I expected you'd prefer to disappear now Mert. Your nickname should be "cerberus" given the amount of different opinions you have depending on who you're secretly talking to.

15. Boomerang

Boomerang Regular Member

I was compelled by the hilarity of this thread to join this site and post.

I figure one of two things is motivating Ilia.

1) She's either money motivated, or
    2) She's doing all of this for the sake of the customers.

You've got to wonder, would somebody really detonate an atom bomb on their family (as this stunt will undoubtedly leave familial relations as scorched Earth if whatever has transpired to date hasn't already) for the sake of a bunch of strangers who paid $150.00, most of them years ago, and likely got their money's worth from the product many times over since then? I understand there is the odd new customer who is somehow the result of a perfect storm of being new enough to vBulletin to not recognize the fact that it is going down the toilet and yet at the same time being old enough to be using a version of vBulletin compatible with vbSEO, as well as oblivious to the fact that vbSEO.com has been practically abandoned, save complaints about lack of support, such that they did not know better than to purchase a license, but by and large I suspect the great majority of vbSEO customers have been customers for years and don't exactly feel cheated or wronged by the company going under years later.

I don't think anyone with a shred of intelligence needed any help recognizing that vbSEO is in a sorry state and cannot be relied upon. If this "public service message" were truly made for the benefit of those few in the forum space who are somehow too oblivious to recognize the obvious state of things, or too negligent to give vbSEO.com an even cursory inspection, I sincerely hope it was worth whatever it may ultimately cost you.

The real shame would be if Ilia is money motivated, because that would just be sad (as in pathetic). This product, hell, the whole damn ecosystem, is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD. Even if it weren't, you arguably forfeit any rights you had to it by not pursuing the matter of your interest in the company sooner, i.e. years ago.

The fact that there were talks about selling the whole thing for only $100,000 a year or so ago, before everything really went to shit, makes this even more ridiculous. How much do you really think it could be worth now? The glory days of vBulletin 3.0 aren't coming back, vBulletin may not even see version 6.

I can only assume you're not irrational enough to do (further) irreparable harm to your family in the interest of trying to save a few people $150, and that, despite your Xtreme Marketing-esque suggestions that your only interests in all this are altruistic, this initiative is therefore predicated on your belief that there is somehow money in it for you and your husband if it should come to pass that you regain full or partial control of the company. Wake up call: succeeding would be like getting in bed with a corpse.

Regardless of your motivation, I do hope you somehow gain control of vbSEO, as this unquestionably makes for the best forum-drama since vB vs. xF.

PS: Shout outs to Mert and Briansol for providing superior customer service for vbSEO back in the day, and always making it feel like money well spent.

IcEWoLF likes this.
  16. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

These threads are getting more than a little out of hand. The basic premise of what's happening with vBSEO and whether there's any way to save the product has given way to personal he-said-she-said-they-said squabbles that frankly are of zero interest to vBSEO customers. I really do not care at all what you all think of each other or even who's right or who's wrong. I just want news about the fate of the product.

Really the rest you should take to private messaging or something. It's just making all of you look like squabbling children.

Paul M likes this.
  17. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

nope. For the sake of transparency it all needs to be posted out here in the open for all customers to see.

so why exactly did the vbseo team split apart anyway. It appears to be over a disagreement with Juan investing in tweetboard and not in vbseo.

18. djbaxter

djbaxter Regular Member

Why? None of us has any way of verifying what one person says vs. what another person says and in the end it will be irrelevant.

The only thing that should concern the rest of us is the fate of vBSEO.

Anything else is just rubbernecking at an accident scene or one more Kardashian-type celebrity scandal.

Amy likes this.
  19. Mary Jay

Mary Jay Regular Member

From the very beginning, Ilia wanted suggestions on how to handle VBSEO. I suggested that they take control of the company regardless if Ilia is co-owner or not by purchasing the company. If you really want VBSEO to succeed, acquire the company. If $100,000 is too much and you justify not paying this sum because you are co-owner of the company, then don't buy out your partner and move on with your life. You obviously don't care enough to buy out your co-owner or feel VBSEO is no longer worth $100,000. If VBSEO is worth this, then make it happen. Ask for a copy of the code and verify it works before you purchase it. But if VBSEO isn't even worth 100,000, why waste so much or the forum's time and your time?

20. Amy

Amy Regular Member

Exactly what I said days ago but of course reasoning was given for everything i said - which in the end was.... keep it behind closed doors - and just let us know what is to be of vBSEO after resolution was made.

djbaxter likes this.