Coffee is...

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Chris, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I need kaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfeeeeeeeeeeeee....

2. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

FMB, with your crappy sleeping habits (or the lack thereof), I'm surprised you don't live on coffee like Chris does. The sugar is definitely not what you need, because of the whole high-then-crash bit.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

u_u Urusai!

4. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Nah, it won't. But it would hinder the flavor of coffee.

Mix some warmed up milk with your coffee. Milk slows down your stomach lining's ability to extract the caffeine. It gives you a longer period of energy than just straight coffee. But not as high as you would get from just straight coffee.

5. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

So... Our neighborhood supermarket just closed. It has been in the neighborhood since 1973 and was owned by Vons/Safeway. Our favorite checker actually started working there when it first opened in 1973 and retired the day before it closed.

Anyway, we happen to like Vons over the competition (Winco, Wal-mart, Food-4-Less, Albertson's, etc...) so we go to the newer store which is about 5 miles away. Inside they have a Starbucks. So we do our shopping and my wife decides she wants ice cream. It is 45 degrees outside and she wants ice cream. So she and my step-son go next door to Baskin Robbins. Since they don't sell coffee, I go back inside the Von's which has a Starbucks Kiosk in there. The young clerk is pretty lonely so I order one of their Pumpkin Spice Lattes and we start talking a little about Starbucks and its problems, etc... She did a good job on the coffee and it was brewed fresh right there so I'll go back to that location in the future. I'll probably stay out of the stand alone stores and the ones located inside Barnes & Noble bookstores though.

6. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Wayne, it really does sound like the Starbucks in your area are not as good as other areas. Some of the stand alone stores are really good around our area.

7. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Maybe... there are about 9 stand alone stores in the area. Interestingly enough, there was one in our local mall years ago and it went out of business. Now there are two coffee shops in the mall and they do strong business. One is a family business and used to be associated with Gloria Jean's Coffees but it isn't anymore. The other is a "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf", which has a two more stores within a half-mile radius..

8. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Starbucks around here are doing pretty good, too. It sounds like the regional manager or whomever is not doing their job right.

9. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Or the community's taste has changed.

@Wayne -- sorry about the loss of the long time store.

10. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Wayne, you should check out "Coffee Bean and Tea".

Oh, I haven't had Coffee since Thursday, I think. For some reason midway drinking coffee during a staff meeting at work, I got up and dumped my coffee in the break room's sink. I don't know what happened, but the taste of coffee irritates me now.

Instead I switched over to some teas. One of my brothers had given me a 1/4 pound packet of purple oolong tea he'd gotten as a gift from an online tea distributor. He doesn't like purple oolong, and I was a bit timid. I'm the jasmine green tea person myself, and I mean those neatly wrapped balls of green tea with jasmine flowers inside.

So I tried it out, nice flavor and wow, it gives off a deep purple color that's just good. The caffeine amount is medium, something like a light American blend of coffee, so it's not bad. I seem to digest my food faster drinking this oolong that regular black tea. When I looked at the price online, I was surprised. 1/2 a pound runs close to 90 dollars. Good lord.

11. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Doing it now. The test of a good coffee is it still taste good re-heated while the new pot is brewing. Which doesn't happen often.

Nothing like 48 degrees with the top down and the seats on.

12. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I would have loved heated seats in my Wrangler, altho that DID have a VERY good heater and fan!

The two things I really liked about my Grand Cherokee were the heated seats, radio controls on the back of my steering wheel, and (three, I guess), my V8. :D

13. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    I love my car because it has 3 cup holders for me and only one for the passenger.

So does anyone grind their own. Was my requirement on the coffeemaker. Had to have a grinder to.

14. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    lol!

I don't mind my current car, but it has almost no amenities at all.

I lost my Grand Gherokee in my divorce (had to sell it :( ).

15. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    The car I'm going to purchase soon has a stupid place for cup holders, but like my other cars in its class, I won't be have anything in there, except a water bottle that's closed.

16. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I swore that I wouldn't smoke in my Grand Cherokee. Yeah...that lasted. :rolleyes:

17. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Do hotwheels count as a car???

18. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Does anyone have Chris's twitter?

I am devastated that he is gone.

19. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

http://twitter.com/thecoffeeholic

You're not the only one, Peacelilly. T.T

20. Mikey