Cheap Domains

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by tech, Sep 14, 2009.

1. tech

tech Regular Member

Where can i get a cheap domain?

Preferably a .com,.co.uk,.org or a .net..

The cheapest i found is GoDaddy, is there any cheaper?

Im just wondering to see if i can save some more =)

2. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I prefer Namecheap to Godaddy myself although I am not sure if theyre any cheaper. Namecheaps .coms are $9.69. Make sure to Google company name coupon codes before finalising your purchase!

3. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

GoDaddy is generally cheaper than $9.69 while on sale, and can go as low as $6.99 if you Google "GoDaddy Coupons". BUT, that can depend on the domain you want to buy. I paid $15 for my robotics team's domain name, although I did that without a coupon.

4. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Namecheap has coupons that can put you around Godaddy's price too, so it's a 50/50 there.

If you're after reliability, support, and reasonable policies, forget godaddy, use namecheap. Godaddy has horrible support, absolutely pathetic policies, and just is an all around aweful provider with no respect for their customers at all.

The few times I've had issues with Namecheap support, all I had to do was open a thread @ WHT in the 'domains' department, and within 12 hours, Richard himself was in there clearing it up, which tells me that he actually cares about the company.

I used godaddy for years, until they started being quite pathetic about password requirements and then just dropped them. What's funny is that my domain collection while @ godaddy was around 30, now it's around 120+ . Godaddy's loss, Namecheap's gain ;).

Oh, and if you've got a LOT of domains (over 50), namcheap is definitely for you, as they have a coupon just for those of us that love domains ;)

5. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Well, it depends on your level of knowledge. I don't need support, the domains is the easiest part of managing a site for me, and I've never had an issue at GoDaddy's level that required interference. The domain manager is easy to use, and I can quickly add another domain onto my account, and have it ready in an instant. I don't know what you've done to your domains, but GoDaddy hasn't been unreliable in the 3+ years that I've used them.

Also, please elaborate on the "password" requirements. I don't quite understand what that is.

6. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Regular Member

Namecheaps interface is a lot smarter than Godaddy's ever was.

As far as the password requirements, Godaddy started treating customers with credit cards on file like they were horrific, telling us you have to change your password every X days, have to use certain characters, can't use any of the past X passwords you had, etc, etc... I had enough of it, and quit them, as I have done any company that tries that garbage with me. It's not industry standard, and the passwords I have used for years are secure enough to not get hacked, yet don't follow their "standards". Most of mine are around 8-10 chars long with both letters and numbers (I don't use special symbols because they're impossible to type on a mobile keyboard), and are secure.

Godaddy is nothing but a major PITA any more, with absolutely no respect for their customers.

7. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Sorry to hear that. Again, I know what I need, go in, use Paypal, get out. Personally, it's not as important to me as the interface for a web host, where I would use that just about every day.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I know a lot of people here at AA use Namecheap, so it's whatever. I'm just saying, a product/service like this is usually as good as you make it.

8. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

GoDaddy went down the shitter when they made their pages take 10 times longer to load than usual, I recently opened a namecheap account as the seller of the particular domain was doing a free push to namecheap, and I am very impressed with it.

9. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    Ecamel.com

I use ecamel.com to purchase my domains. They are priced pretty well ($7.50) for a .com and right now $1.99 for a .info ("sale" price). I have never had a problem with them.

10. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I use namecheap, I am VERY satisfied with it. I bought two domains for 18.35[or along those cents] compared to the 15 dollars I paid with Automattic.

11. coolsuji

coolsuji Regular Member

First Name:
    suji
    Hello friend, you can get the domain name at XnYnZ.com .
    This is one of the cheap domain registrar which provides the top level domains..
    It also provides the web hosting packages..you can also host your site here.