Business Rules For Socializing on Twitter

Discussion in 'Member Articles & Tutorials' started by Brandon, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Twitter is a social networking tool, built to, well...socialize and network with others. Many businesses have caught on to this nifty network marketing tool. Since then Twitter has exploded as an easy to use, online platform that can be expanded to help develop branding, promote products, and keep clients in sync with what is happening on the forefront of your business.

There are a few different rules businesses must follow when networking on Twitter, but for the most part, things work the same as they do for an individual user. Here are a few things to think about when using Twitter as a business tool.
    • Update your profile - Keep your profile updated and current with any new developments or projects currently in the works. This helps your customers understand where you are going as a business and it also makes them aware of any changes you have planned.
    • Stay professional - While it may be fun to get into a heated debate over who will win the Kentucky Derby, keep your tweeting business oriented. It is not a bad thing to express your opinion every once in a while, but do make sure that it falls directly in line with the mission statement and operating procedures of the company under whose name you are tweeting. If you are a sole proprietor, obviously you have the decision making power here, but if you are in business with others, develop a policy for how individuals will tweet.
    • Be personal - People like to know they are talking with actual people. In this age where digital voices prompting our actions are standard, people find great delight in the ability to communicate with intelligent human people who can actually listen and respond rather than deal with canned impersonal messages that don't meet their individual needs and desires.
    • Give to get - Do not, I repeat, do not, just spam your followers with announcements of new products or websites for them to look at. Converse with them, answer their questions and ask them exactly what they are looking for. Once again, be human and socialize with them. It is ok to interact with your customer online the same way you interact in a face to face meeting, just keep it professional.
    • Use tracking devices - Implement the use of hashtags and other tracking devices as searchable references for your customers. This makes it easy for them to follow you and your business developments. The easier it is to follow you and what you are doing, the better chance you have they will actually do it. Let your customers know when you have initiated a new search term and what those terms mean to them. Your business is about helping the customer get to your product as easy as possible. Hashtags are a great tool to help this happen.
    • Make their life easy - While conversing with your prospects, make sure to ask if there is anything they believe your business can do to improve - and then listen. Customer feedback is one of the most valuable tools to a business. What better way to get feedback than online when you are already in conversation with them? You can develop customer loyalty simply through listening to and responding to their opinions.
    The biggest difference between a business account and a personal account on Twitter is the language and posture you present while socializing. Don't be a machine, check your replies and messages, respond to questions and be human. Follow these simple rules and your business will develop a new social networking tool that can be used to reach thousands more clients in no time.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brandon_Sheley

JPM and Trombones13 like this.
  2. JPM

JPM Regular Member

I would add to that, that searching for negative feedback to interact with is very effective.

Brandon likes this.
  3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Excellent article @Brandon I remember when I used to be very active on Twitter, I noticed when I participated in certain #hashtags I'd gain more followers.

Brandon likes this.
  4. sreekumar

sreekumar Regular Member

The benefits of getting followers regard by re-tweeting them is great. Also great is the brevity of containing the tweets to limited words not boring clients with flooded details.