Building Your Site

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Darthmaul, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Regular Member

How do you go about creating/building your website or community when you have an idea for one? Personally I write it down, all of it, then I price it out, then I get everything moving :)

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Writing it down is a good way to go. But I mostly just brainstorm and do all the planning in my head as I can easily remember. Planning things out is always a good step when creating a website.

3. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Regular Member

I do the same thing. When I started my forum I had a good idea in my head where I wanted to go with it and what to do design-wise. It's been a fun 7 months :)

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Congratulations! If a forum can make it past 4 months with decent activity, I think you have achieved something as if you notice there are forums closing everyday.

5. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Regular Member

Thanks man :)
    Yeah well we were in the doldrums for a while a couple months back, but at that time I wasn't able to be online much. Now I'm afraid we're about to enter another one of those periods as a lot of people are finishing school.
    I expect things to pick up however :) I have a few things planned.

Kaiser likes this.