Building a News Crew

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Brandon, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Now that we’re on the latest and greatest forum script we have a little section called the content pages.

We can do anything we want on these pages; we can change the whole layout of the page, we can pull info in from all over the forum and blogs and we can make custom PHP/HTML widgets. We have the option to promote a post on the forum, into an article on the CMS page like I’ve been doing with a few of the news post over the last week. With that option we can setup the comments on the articles themselves. We currently discuss those topics in the threads themselves. (I still want to play around with the comment options)

We’re looking for individuals that would be interested in having the power to Promote the Articles.

Monster has volunteered to be our test guinea pig as we all figure what we can and cannot do on the content pages.

We’ll make another usergroup along with another cool badge. We’ll provide a private forum for support & troubleshooting questions about using the CMS.
    Reply with questions or applications

Click the image to see a larger view View attachment 3718

2. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

I'd be interested in promoting articles as well. Then I could make content pages out of news items posted in the News section or posts elsewhere on the board. Sometimes I spot interesting posts that could be turned into a content page. Certainly, the more content pages we have, the more value this site will have to people more interested in articles than wading through threads on a message board. To those people, it would read more like a blog. :)

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Sounds great :)

4. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

5. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

:lol: